PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Errors Upgrading to 1.6

1. Hi,

We just upgraded to 1.6 and received the following errors from WordPress:

WordPress database error: [Multiple primary key defined]
    ALTER TABLE xxxx_rg_lead_detail_long ADD PRIMARY KEY (lead_detail_id)

WordPress database error: [Can't DROP 'lead_detail_key'; check that column/key exists]
    DROP INDEX lead_detail_key ON xxxx_rg_lead_detail_long

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../wp-includes/wp-db.php:941) in .../wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 934

Is everything going to work correctly? Should we revert our database?

Thank you.

Jonathan

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 2, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Sounds like the database user does not have permission to ALTER the tables. Please check the capabilities of the database user, and I would recommend reinstalling after ensuring they have the capability to perform these actions.

If those were the only errors, things would PROBABLY still work correctly, as they were just indexes, but it's best to get things correct so you don't run into trouble down the road.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 3, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Thanks for getting back to me. I'm pretty sure the database user has the correct permissions, since I've installed a large number of plugins with no errors. In any case, how would I go about reinstalling without deleting the forms and entries already in the system?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Jonathan

4. Jonathan,
    This version of Gravity Forms tries to ensure that the wp_rg_field_detail_long and wp_rg_form_meta table has a primary key. This is to provide compatibility with other plugins such as VaultPress that requires a primary key in every table.
    It looks like that process didn't quite go right in your installation. This won't affect Gravity Forms, but it may create issues if you try to use VaultPress or any other plugins that require primary keys on database tables.
    What I would recommend is that you login to your database using phpMyAdmin and make sure you have a primary key defined in the wp_rg_field_detail_long and wp_rg_form_meta tables. If you are not comfortable doing that, I will be happy to check that out for you. Just email me at alex@rocketgenius.com and send me your phpMyAdmin login.