PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Export - Returns empty CSV file

1. stevegriswold

Hi,

When I use the Export function of Gravity Forum 1.53 I get no results.
    I am leaving the date range Blank, which says it will give me all records. Instead I get no records. If I type in a date range for 1 week I get records. If I type in a date range for 1 year I get no records.

Thanks,
    Steve

Posted 12 years ago on Friday October 14, 2011 | Permalink
  2. stevegriswold

There are 356 entries in the form I am trying to export data from. This form is maybe 4 months old or less. When I do an export to try and get all 356 records I get nothing in the CSV file.

Steve

3. Sounds like your server is running out of resources. Do you have access to any sort of logging on the server to see if that's the case?

4. I am having a similar problem. I have 3 separate forms all of which were allowing exporting with no problems whatsoever. Now one of those forms has 150 records in it (website registrations) and suddenly the export just provides a 0 kb file? Exporting the other forms still works fine?
    I have spoken with the provider of our website - the developer that implemented the Gravity Forms - and he tells me it is nothing to do with him. Help!!! No point in having that data unless we can export it to run our business. Is there any other way to get an export out of the database?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 10, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Regarding the 'running out of resources' - is there a way we can tweak our server to get this sorted so we don't run out of resources? We are on a Linux VPS running Cpanel and WHM.

6. This is something you may need to discuss with your web host. The likely cause is going to be PHP memory, although it could also be MySQL memory related. But typically it's PHP memory.

Most hosts allow you to increase the amount of PHP memory allocated to your site. Here is a tutorial that discusses how to do this:

http://www.nerdgrind.com/increase-wordpress-and-php-memory-limit/