PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Export Stopped Working After Upgrade to WordpressMU 3.0

1. Just upgraded to WordpressMU 3.0 last night and when I attemped to export a form's entries I got the error message: Unable to download download.php from (the main site's url). Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

WPMU 3.0 did make some major changes, like ditching the blogs.php file. I'm guessing it's tied into to that.

Any help would be much appreciated it.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday June 21, 2010 | Permalink
  2. WordPress MU 3.0? WordPress was deprecated in favor of WordPress 3.0 itself. When you upgrade from WordPress MU to 3.0 it should actually replace MU with WordPress 3.0, is that what happened?

I'm not aware of any issues specifically WordPress 3.0. Export issues are typically server configuration issues involving file permissions, a conflict with the mod-security firewall and other quirkiness.

We are rewriting the export routine for the next release so that it will work better on a wider array of server configurations.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday June 21, 2010 | Permalink
  3. Sorry, you're correct, Wordpress 3.0. Been using MU for a while and didn't pay attention to the fact that it's the same thing now. As far as the exporting, it's work just fine up until the update and nothing has changed with the server configuration. Still works just fine with another site I've got running WP 2.9.2 so definitely something specifically tied to the upgrade. Saw another post in the Forums where it looks like others are having trouble as well.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday June 22, 2010 | Permalink
  4. Some people are having trouble in general with the export functionality. We are changing it in the next release and that change should eliminate the issues as it will work exactly like the built in WordPress export tool for exporting post data. So that should resolve any issues once 1.3.13 is released. We are working on it now so it should be out sometime in the next 2 weeks or so.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday June 22, 2010 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.