PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Extract Database data for custom page display.

1. knobby44

I am very new to all of this and did not find any topic to help me achieve this.

I am wanting to grab data out of the database for an event booking plugin. The idea being we have a sign up for a family reunion and want to supply a current list of the families that sign up with their names and addresses for the specific event, and also for the entire database.

What do I need to do to display or find the actual fields (possibly custom fields) from the database and then what is the method to display them on a custom page or export them to a file from that page.

Help any portion of this question would be appreciated. Maybe all this can't be done, but I don't know.

Thanks, Kevin

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday June 13, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Maybe have a look at the Directory plugin that someone has made as this is far beyond what we can provide here on the support forums. I can tell you that all of this is possible, but difficult and that many people have been creating their own customizations related to displaying Gravity Forms data.

My preferred way is to save all the data to WordPress' post system through the use of Gravity Forms post fields and custom fields.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-addons/ <- Directory Plugin

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday June 14, 2012 | Permalink
  3. knobby44

Thanks, I had come across this plugin, but haven't had time to try it.

I also thought that with the pretty look and feel that the web pages advertising the gravity forms led me to believe there were many tutorial type pages I could follow to try and create some of these custom type forms. Although, there are only the basics that I have found so far. When it starts getting into the more complex ways of using this plugin to create a form, it seems there is much detail left out for the average non-programmer. This part is disappointing, as I am not a programmer and saying that there is nothing you can do to help makes this plugin somewhat useless for me and a waste of money.

if there were some more in depth tutorials that walked through the specific details of how to accomplish some of these type of tasks, it would be very helpful for those just getting started from knowing nothing.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday June 14, 2012 | Permalink