PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Fatal Error After Installing

1. jasmyne

Hi, I am with Bluehost.com, using wordpress' latest version, and my url is http://www.paff.org. When I installed the plugin I received this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home6/pafforg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 43

I deactivated plugins, it still didn't work.

I checked my version of PHP it's 5.

I really need to use this plugin, that's why I bought it. Can someone please advise?

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday December 9, 2009 | Permalink
  2. You may want to double check your version of PHP because this error only happens when trying to activate the plugin on PHP 4.

Did you just change your version of PHP? If so some hosts don't immediately switch the version of PHP when you change it in the control panel. It can take time.

If you are 100% certain it is running PHP 5 you can contact us with login to that WordPress site (using our Contact Us form) and we can take a look for you.

3. To double check to make sure you are running PHP 5... place this code in your theme file and have it output the version on the page just so you can be 100% sure.

<?php echo PHP_VERSION; ?>

This will output the PHP version the site is running. Please verify this and if it is running PHP 5 then get in touch with us via the Contact Us form with a login where we can take a look.

4. Interesting:

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 18:00:46 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
    X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.11
    X-Pingback: http://www.paff.org/xmlrpc.php
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Keep-Alive: timeout=10, max=29
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

200 OK
  5. Even more interesting considering we host several sites on BlueHost using Gravity Forms without a problem.

JASMYNE: if you contact us using the Contact Us form and provide a WordPress login to that site, we can take a look and see what is going on.

6. jasmyne

Thanks you were right, it was still running 4.4.9. I made the switch and all is good. Great product. Thank you.

7. It's all in the timing, isn't it?