PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Fatal error out of memory

1. Hi,

I just uploaded a fresh install of Gravity Forms into a site that's had absolutely no memory allocation issues and couldn't even get into the WordPress control panel after it was uploaded. My memory limit for the site and for my web host is 80M and I've had no issues.

In the past, whenever the memory allocation error came up, it was because of trailing spaces or an extra line at the end of a file, that once removed solved the problem.

I'm thinking this may be the problem with the new Gravity Forms upgrade.

Can anyone check this out for me?

Thanks for any help with this!

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 3, 2012 | Permalink
  2. If you are running out of memory, you will need to allocate more for PHP and WordPress. The trailing whitespace usually causes a different error:

"Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent "

In any case, if you are running out of memory, you will need to allocate more for your installation. Some themes and plugins, including Gravity Forms, are very large and complex and require a lot of resources. We recommend 128MB of RAM, or 256MB if your host will support it. You can find some information on how to increase RAM here :

nerdgrind.com/increase-wordpress-and-php-memory-limit/

(p.s. I have several sites with just 32MB of RAM which run Gravity Forms just fine. It's a combination of things running on a site that will exhaust the resources. Sometimes, it's Gravity Forms which pushes you over the limit. Sometimes it's NextGen Gallery, bbPress, BuddyPress, etc.)

3. Thank you!

Now I'm thinking it's probably the new Slidedeck 2 Lite plugin in combination with Gravity Forms. It's pretty resource intensive. Another pretty plugin that doesn't play well with others...

4. Please let us know if bumping up the RAM resolves the issue for you.