PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Feature Question - Repeating/Unlimited Fields

1. Hello,

I'm looking to create a form that will allow a user to order any number of parts. This isn't e-commerce, there is no online store it just send someone an email on the other end. To that extent I need two features:

1) Populate the field dynamically from the database - which you guys rocked! Seriously. Awesome documentation.

2) Order an unlimited number of parts. Ideally after selecting one option in the drop down another drop down would appear underneath the first. This would go on until they need no more parts and press submit.

Is there any way to do the second question without manually creating 100 fields and then selectively showing them when the previous drop down is manipulated?

Thanks,

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 6, 2012 | Permalink
  2. You could accomplish 2) with the list type field and the gform_column_input filter.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_column_input

The list field allows a +1 type of input, and you could change from text field to drop down with the above filter. The only question would be how to populate each subsequent drop down from your database.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday December 7, 2012 | Permalink
  3. @Chris Hajer,

Thanks for the quick reply. It took a minute to wrap my head around the solution but that looks very achievable. Thanks!

4. Runamok81

It looks like the only supported column input types are "select" and "text". Any ideas on how we could adapt the Gform_column_input to accept file or image as a type? This would provide an elegant way for people to submit multiple images. Simply +1, and another file/image upload field appears.

5. Richard Vav
    Administrator

I may be wrong but in 1.6.9 a new filter was introduced that allows the list field column to be modified into any field type you wish, the example at the bottom of the documentation page shows how to change the column field into a text area but it should work for other input types as well

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_column_input_content

6. Could I please get sample code for replacing a list field with both a) file upload and then b) post image?

This post (http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/89833/gravity-forms-repeatable-file-upload-field-using-gform-column-input-content ) helped me create the file upload replacement, but I didn't know what the instructions for " method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" " meant or had to change this. I also have no clue how to pop in a Post Image field, so I thought you might be able to cover that, too.

Thank you in advance!

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday June 18, 2013 | Permalink