PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Field Not Displaying Until Something Else is Clicked (But no Conditional Logic)

1. I've got a form that has a payment options field that's a radio button list. The problem is that field doesn't display on the form until one of the other form fields is checked. It's acting like there's a conditional logic setting configured, but nothing is set.

Can't figure out why it's happening. Has anyone seen this before?

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday May 7, 2013 | Permalink
  2. http://rodandstaffministries.org/events/golf/

3. Richard Vav
    Administrator

If you are talking about the 'Payment Method' field with the options 'Pay Now w/ PayPal', 'Pay Onsite at Outing' and 'Use Coupon' then that field is visible when I open your page.

Regards,
    Richard
    --
    Just another member of the community helping out where I can

4. I believe I've figured this out. It appears to be related to fields that appear after certain section breaks that have conditional logic applied to them.

I'm not sure if that's how you'd expect things to work or not? On the one hand, it would be an easy way to hide a bunch of fields all at once, but in order to get anything to appear after that section, you have to add another section break that doesn't have any conditional logic applied to it. The new section break ends up working like a kind of "reset" button on the display.

5. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Good to hear you figured this out, and yes conditional logic on a section break requires a second section break to close up that section and prevent the conditional logic affecting everything below.

Regards,
    Richard