PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

File Upload Button

1. Is there any way of change the 'Browse' text which sits on the button for the file upload? I am building a multilingual site... and need it to be a different language..

Cheers

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday October 8, 2009 | Permalink
  2. I'll look into it. We still have time to fit a change like this into the 1.2 release that is currently in Beta.

3. The file upload/browse button is basically a “hard-wired” part of the browser’s user interface. It differs from browser to browser and the localization text is defined by the browsers localization settings. Some browsers like Safari or Opera use the text "choose" or "choose file" instead of "browse"

The file upload field is more of a widget and and the button is pretty much "immune" from a lot of the normal presentational styling.

There are some workarounds, but nothing particularly elegant. Here's some additional information about the file input field.

http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html

4. Thanks for that... very helpful.. cheers

Posted 14 years ago on Friday October 9, 2009 | Permalink
  5. My pleasure. Glad I was able to help out.

Posted 14 years ago on Friday October 9, 2009 | Permalink
  6. Hey Kevin, Thanks for that link. Any advice on applying that to the browse buttons in gravity forms. From what I understood we would need to place the input fields within a class. But where in the gravityforms files would the markup be placed?

Posted 14 years ago on Saturday April 3, 2010 | Permalink
  7. You can add a custom class to each field directly from the form admin. You shouldn't have to modify any of the plugin files. Look under the "advanced" tab and you'll see a field to define your custom "CSS Class Name". Once you've added that, you can use the class name to apply any specific formatting.

screenshot

8. That's great! Thanks for the quick response.