PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

File Upload Destination Folder

1. When you use the File Upload feature with GravityForms all the files are stored in a seperate folder called: wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/

however, you are not able to access anything in these folders via the Media Library functionality in Wordpress, since Wordpress accesses only the folders in wp-content that start with the months. So it's impossible to put anything uploaded via Gravity forms into a post.

How do we enable Wordpress to be able to read the files from the gravity_forms directory? Why is gravity_forms saving stuff to its own folder anyway? There seems to be no point to this, since when you save images with Gravity forms as part of the image field for posts (and NOT file upload), it saves the images correctly. So why is file upload set up differently and how do use this?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 21, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Note to the previous poster -- check out the plugin called Add From Server. This will let you add media to the library that was uploaded directly to the uploads folder.

Here is my question - I like that it puts it in a folder -- I have a client that needs to allow their users to FTP files to them, and this way they have one folder to look in. However, it doesn't just put it into the wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms folder -- it puts it in that folder, into a directory with a unique id for each upload, which is further separated into month and year folders.

Is there any way to configure where it saves the files into? So that all uploads go to the same folder? I'd really like them to just go to the root level of the gravity_forms folder.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 22, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Thank you. I will check into that plugin. I also noticed that it create a lot of different folders. It's a bit odd in terms of functionality. I hope they can provide some guidance on how to customize this.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 22, 2012 | Permalink