PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

File Upload Document Security

1. I'm using Gravity Forms as a job application form. During the application process, users upload their resume via the upload field. Everything works great and the client loves their new "high tech" website (haha).

However, I'm concerned about document security and would like to protect these files. The underlying issue is that the client is not very tech savvy and needs to be able to download these files from the GF admin interface, but not accessible publicly.

Is there any way to accomplish this with GF? If not, are there any other routes I can take with this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday September 8, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Out of the box the files are accessible regardless if the user is logged in or not which means they are accessible publicly if the user knows the exact path and filename. If you want to protect them you'd have to use folder security options on the web server to protect those folders via a login of some sort. Some hosts support this, some don't.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday September 8, 2011 | Permalink