PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

File upload location issue

1. Hello, we have been building a form for a site that uses the Woo Themes Estate Theme. It uses timthumb to display images in different sizes.
    We can get the thumbnail to show on the backend, but nothing shows on the front end. I assume that this will be due to the location of the file. It is being added like this: wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/1-cd797fc984b7a5421d2a9cb5fa22adf2/2012/01/The-Rose-at-the-Fort1.jpg

How can I instruct it to add it to the uploads folder? If I need to make it unique I can easily add a prefix like the date and time to the filename.
    I believe that due to the location, the images are not being controlled properly, but I can not figure out how to alter the location that the image is saved by Gravity Forms.

I am using the "file upload" field and not the "image" field as I need the image to be saved as a custom field.

You can find the form here: http://realestatepinoy.com/list-property/

Many thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday January 15, 2012 | Permalink
  2. This is now fixed. Kind of. However, the issue is that when the post goes live, there is no picture on the front end. After a while, the picture shows. I have no idea why it is taking so long to display the image. Any ideas?

I also have the following related issues, please advise wherever possible:

1) Ideally I want to be able to upload multiple images to the post, but not have them displayed within the post as the theme uses a gallery for all images attached to the post. How can this be done?

2) Can I use the Image Upload (instead of file upload) and have the image address added to a custom field within the post? I would need to do this with just one image which would be the first one added. The other images would just need to be added to the post, but not displayed as detailed in #1 above.

Many thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 16, 2012 | Permalink
  3. ActiveHive

Im having the same issue as you dave in your first Post, how did you manage to fix this? I've tried most things on the forum.

Updated Wordpress
    Updated lastest Gravity Forms version
    Checked all permissions

Still getting that weird reference to the file upload infront of the actual folder on the server and missing files.

Thanks Heath

Posted 11 years ago on Monday June 4, 2012 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

When I've seen weird folders and whatnot, this is usually due to a caching plugin. Can you please make sure to exclude your form page from being cached to stop image uploads from potentially being cached rather than uploaded properly.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday June 4, 2012 | Permalink