PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

File upload question/idea

1. Hi Guys,

I've been looking into easy methods for my clients to send me relatively large files.

I have looked at various options such as yousendit.com, dropbox etc but thought what would be really useful is if i could send them a link to a Gravity form with the file upload added.

This may be a question that I need to ask my hosting provider, but would a basic form be able to handle say a 2gb file upload? Would it then be able to be sent to a new folder (customer name or date) created on the system for me to access?

yousendit are charging a lot of money for this! And if gravity forms can do it, it would be AMAZING!!!!!

Thanks

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday September 15, 2010 | Permalink
  2. You would probably want to talk to your hosting provider about any limits with really large files. Gravity Forms can handle any file size as long as your PHP setup can handle it. PHP controls file upload size limits and script timeout.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday September 15, 2010 | Permalink
  3. With large file sizes, very often I find that Gravity Forms times out and doesn't display a success message. Is that a server-side setting?

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday December 5, 2010 | Permalink
  4. I answered my own question. This is indeed a server-side setting called "max_execution_time". If you have access to the php.ini file on you host, you can change this setting to allow for longer file upload times.

I know this is fairly basic php stuff for most, but thought the info might be helpful for others. :)

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday December 5, 2010 | Permalink