PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

File Upload Size Limit?

1. Hello,

Sorry for all the questions. I am testing Gravity on a test site hosted by Blue Host. I called them already and they have added php.ini file to my Wordpress install and it has been edited to allow up to 250 meg files, however when I just tried to upload a 72 meg file it did not make it to the server when I had just done a 4 meg file a few minutes before. Both files were .psd files so all I can think of is there is some limit within Gravity as to file size??

Thank you,
    Derek

Posted 14 years ago on Saturday February 13, 2010 | Permalink
  2. There is no limits to file upload sizes in Gravity Forms, it uses the built in PHP uploader.

You are only limited by your server capabilities. While they may have upped your limit in your php.ini file, their servers still may not be able to handle the larger file size and you could be experiencing some sort of PHP time out.

Posted 14 years ago on Monday February 15, 2010 | Permalink
  3. Is there a way to limit the size of uploads?

I want to limit the size of uploads to 10Mb and can't see an easy way to do this...

Posted 13 years ago on Friday August 6, 2010 | Permalink
  4. James,

Still no way to limit file uploads. See Carl's answer above.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday August 6, 2010 | Permalink