PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Filter email field by domain names (conditional logic?)

1. Gaslight

Hello there,

is there any way to block submission of forms for user registrations if the email field is filled with an email address ending with a popular spam domains/tld? (ie. .ru, .pl, .aol, or notorious spam hosts?)

I think this can't be done by standard conditional logic, because it would be serveral OR conditions, the current conditional logic support only NONE/ALL conditions, not ANY

it would be helpful as a further countermeasure for spam - and not just in user registration forms

thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 27, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Hi, Gaslight,

Conditional logic does support using "Any". And with the new features in the latest version of Gravity Forms (v1.6.3.1) you can use "Ends with". You could hide the Submit button if the email address "Ends with" any of the "bad" domains.

Take a look and let us know if you have questions.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 27, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Gaslight

Hi Dana,

does it? When I click on "conditional logic" I have the following options

"[Show/Hide] this field if [all/none] of the following: "

and then I can add a series of conditions

but it offers me only [all/none] as options, I don't see "any"

how do I get any in conditional logic?

thanks

ps I'm in a localized installation of Wordpress so I get Gravity Forms translated as well, not sure whether in the English version the text above translates the same, but the options I have are those, and there's no "any"

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 28, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Gaslight

Ok I actually got it

there's a big translation issue in the italian localisation of Gravity Foms

"Any" has been translated with "Nessuno"

"Nessuno" means "None" or "no one" and not "any" (although "Any" in English in certain contexts could mean "none" as well)

but "Nessuno" is misleading beacause it strictly means "none"

it should be translated as "Qualcuno" (some/any), "Qualsiasi" (any) or "Uno" (one)

5. Glad you found it. We will take a look at the Italian translation there. Thanks.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.