PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form does not submit - duplicates itself on page

1. lydianweb

A error recently started happening on our Gravity Form. The form hangs after submission, then it duplicates itself on the page.

Here is where the form is located: http://wholesale.pgdesign.us/

Password: pochi1234

Any insight or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

- Michael

Posted 11 years ago on Friday March 8, 2013 | Permalink
  2. lydianweb

I've noticed that the form duplicates itself even if you submit an empty form. There are no errors displayed on the required fields.

3. lydianweb

(Sorry for the multiple posts)

I've tried disabling all of the plugins, then just re-enabling GForms (in case it was an update for another plugin that caused the form to stop working--again this is a very recent problem), but the form still stalls.

4. lydianweb

I've created a very simple form using Gravity Forms and it works fine: http://wholesale.pgdesign.us/test-form/

Do you think this error could be caused because the other form (non-password protected version here: http://wholesale.pgdesign.us/pg-design-wholesale/) is too large? Is there a limit to the size of a Gravity Form?

This might explain why the issue has recently started---we add products to the order form occasionally. Perhaps the most recent additions pushed the form passed the tipping point.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 11, 2013 | Permalink
  5. There is no limit in Gravity Forms. The limiting factor is your web server, and sometimes the browser if the form is large or has a lot of JavaScript. Can you find out how much RAM your server has available to you for PHP and WordPress? Normally the host can get you that information with a php info file.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 13, 2013 | Permalink
  6. lydianweb

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I've contacted my host and will get that information to you as soon as possible.

Were you able to take a look at the form? http://wholesale.pgdesign.us/pg-design-wholesale/

It is very large. There are over 300 elements to it. Are there any client-side solutions for optimizing the form? We're using caching on the WordPress site, but maybe there are other things we can do to limit the stress on the user's browser?

7. David Peralty

Yes checking how much memory you have available and see about increasing it should help. Here are some details here: http://www.nerdgrind.com/increase-wordpress-and-php-memory-limit/

Beyond that, there is little you can do. Most of the product calculations are being done through JavaScript and there isn't much you can do to increase the speed of that.

8. lydianweb

Hi David,

This is what I heard back from my host: "if you had a memory issue, you probably would see an error instead of your site".

This is the hosting package that we're using: http://www.stablehost.com/enterprise-hosting.php

It's the EN-BASIC package. It doesn't like the RAM, though.

9. David Peralty

RAM is the most important thing for much of what you are trying to do with Gravity Forms. Again, there isn't a ton of opportunities for optimization. All my best!

10. lydianweb

Ok, thanks for all of your help David.

If I am unable to increase the RAM or if I am and it doesn't solve the issue, does Gravity Forms offer customization? That is, would we be able to contract out Gravity Forms to customize the plugin so that it meets our needs? We're very happy with it so far.

11. David Peralty

We are solely focused on developing Gravity Forms. You can make feature requests that we can maybe work on if it makes sense, but we don't take commissioned work. We do know there are many Gravity Forms experts now in the world with the PHP/JS knowledge to do extensive customizations, and some of them have been helped on our Job Board section.

You might want to look at WooCommerce because it might help you by having a shopping cart system that would let you make smaller forms and people can add products to the cart before checking out, rather than doing absolutely everything on one form. Just a thought...

12. lydianweb

Ok, thank you for the tips.

When we originally started the order form, there was only a fraction of the products that we have now and it was nice and easy for our customers. But, perhaps we've outgrown the single page order form as you've suggested.

Again, thanks for all of your help with this!

13. Hi! I am having a similar issue. What should my Ram or hosting storage level be for this to not happen? I am on the line with my hosting support now, so any information would be greatly appreciated and helpful! Thank you!

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday April 30, 2013 | Permalink
  14. David Peralty

It depends on how many plugins you have installed and are using, and how big your site is. Your peak need and your average need are also two different numbers. I would say that 256MB is a good strong number for PHP and WordPress available.

15. Thank you for replying so quickly!!! I am still on the line with their support now. The site itself it relatively small.... about 8 pages with light content. and the only other plugin we have installed and running is the revolution slider.

16. David Peralty

Well, probably anything larger than 128MB will be fine, but I recommend more if you can get it.

17. Okay, I increased it to 184 for both wp and php... however. the issue is still occuring. can you take a look perhaps? Is there a private message I can send you my url and admin info? The problem is with this form: http://sittersattheshore.com/be-a-sitter/ in the 3rd section, the childcare experience questions keep duplicating. I've duplicated the form and made changes, but the same thing happens. I've deleted the fields and added in new, but again the problem still persists. I've tried on three browsers (firefox, chrome, and safari) all the same issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

18. Stizerg

I got the same problem, latest versions of GravityForms and Paypal add-on installed, php memory_limit set to 256MB and wordpress memory limit set to 128MB, all other plugins has been disabled.
    Simple one page form duplicates itself bellow "Submit and proceed to Paypal" button after clicking to this button and doesn't redirect to Paypal.

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday May 1, 2013 | Permalink
  19. David Peralty

Can you both try the following steps please - http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

20. Stizerg

I already did it, using 'Twenty Twelve' theme. support ticket submitted

21. Stizerg

Thanks Rob, hosting firewall problems. All fixed.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday May 2, 2013 | Permalink