PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form help tooltips

1. bradvin

Would be cool to have the field description show up in a contextual help tooltip on the frontend when hovering over a help or '?' icon.
    could even use the exact html and css as you already have in the form editor in admin, that displays the little help tooltips when you hover over the questionmark icons.

Maybe have a setting at the form level, whereby you can check a checkbox and all field descriptions become help tooltips with '?' icons next to the input boxes?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday May 3, 2011 | Permalink
  2. That is a cool idea. We do plan on enhancing how Descriptions are handled. A tooltip option or options of some sort is a good idea.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday May 3, 2011 | Permalink
  3. bridalpr

I also support this. It's a great idea!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday June 22, 2011 | Permalink
  4. I agree. This would be very beneficial.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 15, 2011 | Permalink
  5. I wholeheartedly agree! Adding a lightbox effect would really be kewl :)

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 22, 2011 | Permalink
  6. isiemer

Agreed

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 22, 2011 | Permalink
  7. I love the idea of the contextual tooltip, but I like the current description functionality and would rather see a separate tooltip/help field rather than a repurposing of the current description field.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 25, 2011 | Permalink
  8. There isnt much i dont like about the plugin but the way descriptions are layed out isnt great. I really support the idea of a tooltip feature much like that described by bradvin...is this likely to be added any time soon?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 25, 2011 | Permalink
  9. It's not currently planned for v1.6 which currently has a feature freeze. We can look at including it in v1.7. We have other enhancements to description placement and functionality that we want to make as well.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 26, 2011 | Permalink
  10. Still looking into this for 1.7?
    Model box and Tooltips = clutch awesome.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 5, 2012 | Permalink
  11. This isn't going to be something you see in 1.7 but it's still on the list for down the road. We have lots of other new features that will be implemented in 1.7 but those won't be a part of them.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 5, 2012 | Permalink