PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form in widget area - reload page the form was submitted from

1. sascha

Hi there,

I have a small form (just one dropdown with 3 choices) embedded in a sidebar widget. Obviously at the moment, when I submit something with this form, the confirmation message will appear in the widget where the form was. Three questions/options:

1. Is there a way to get the confirmation message out of the widget area and appear as a pop up on screen and then it fades out?

2. Is there a way I can show the form again in the widget area without page reload? Ideally by fading the confirmation message out and the form back in again?

3. If I reload the page, then the form is back again. So that could be a not so nice, but necessary solution. But how can I tell the form which page it needs to load? The widget resides on many pages. Is there a way to tell it dynamically which page it was on when the form was submitted and then reload that exact page (maybe with the gform_after_submission hook instead of using the redirect function on the form settings)? And how can I make sure that the page does not get reloaded straight away, so that the user sees the confirmation message for a few seconds (be it in the widget area or as a pop up).

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 18, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.