PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form not inserting in Page/Post

1. kapildhingra

My form is active. When I choose form from drop down to insert into any page or post it doesn't do anything. There is no response after clicking on Insert button.
    Please help.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday March 12, 2012 | Permalink
  2. This is most likely a scripting conflict. It usually happens with themes that add a lot of "theme options" and enqueue their scripts on all the admin pages where they shouldn't.

Have you tried switching themes and or testing for theme/plugin conflicts to rule that possibility out?

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

3. kapildhingra

Kevin,
    I think your guess is on right track. I even can't insert images using the wordpress option available. Unfortunately, I can't change theme now as my whole website might break. It has already hundreds of posts and many categories.

Is there any thing (signal for conflicts) which I can look into my theme files and then disable or remove it?

Thanks

4. kapildhingra

Or is there any other way I can add forms to my post? Any shortcode?

5. Sure, you can embed the shortcode manually. You just need to know the form ID. See section 1.2 here.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Embedding_A_Form

6. kapildhingra

Thanks Kevin. That helped.
    Now, when I post the form, I am not receiving the Confirmation Text Message.(even though I have set it).
    Also if I throw errors - by not filling Captcha and Required fields, I am not getting any error messages.
    I have enabled ajax.

7. Does the form work properly in the preview page? It sounds like the form isn't being submitted properly. Are you getting entries recorded from the test submissions?

8. kapildhingra

On Preview Page - forms works properly. Both confirmation message and entry are received. Error gets highlighted for not filling Required Fields.
    On website - confirmation message is NOT received but entries are getting received. Also, nothing happens when Required fields are not filled. Form stays as is.

Are there any requirements on website or theme to make these working?

9. kapildhingra

Anyone any ideas that I can try?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 13, 2012 | Permalink
  10. What you are describing sounds like a conflict like Kevin pointed out above. Have you done what he requested and tested for theme and plugin conflicts? Please make sure you do so as it's important to narrow down what is causing the issue.

Here are the instructions:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 15, 2012 | Permalink