PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form not routing to paypal correctly

1. I have a form here http://www.teendrivingsolutions.com/donate-now/ that should route to Paypal when the submit button is clicked. It does not route correctly and I cannot figure out why. IPN is set up and current version of plugin and wordpress is installed.

I can provide log in information for assistance with troubleshooting privately rather than posting on the support forum.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday July 22, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Can you send me a WP Admin login to rob@rocketgenius.com and reference this post in your email.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday July 22, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I believe I am having a similar problem. I have also sent WP Admin access to rob@

Answers ASAP would be great! Thanks for the help.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday July 26, 2012 | Permalink
  4. I'm having this problem as well. I get a 400 Bad Request error in the browser. "Size of a request header field exceeds server limit."

I'm also going to send a login to Rob@

Thanks for your help!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday July 26, 2012 | Permalink
  5. To the last two members - please begin new topics for your issues, and post a link to your website, so we can take a look at it. It's difficult to provide individual support to multiple people in one topic and invariably, something is lost in the process. Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 27, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Oops sorry about that.

Well, FYI turns out it was just an error with the browser cache. Cleared it and the problem went away.

Thanks!

7. Hi, bestinntech,

I have responded to your Priority Support request with something to try out. As you mentioned in that ticket, you are seeing a page which states "Sorry - your last action could not be completed". This may be due to an issue PayPal is currently having. If you have the email field mapped in your PayPal feed and the user who submits the form does not have a PayPal account, this message is being displayed. You can unmap the email field and it should work for this particular case.

8. Dana help! ... can you clarify this for me? I have a client getting this error now. What is "email field mapped in your paypal feed" ... where does that get undone? I don't see anything like that on the paypal end, and unlinking the email in gforms does not get very far (required field).

FWIW, I was on the phone with paypal and they totally acknowledge they have a system wide problem with Donate "buttons" and email addresses being submitted that are not associated with a paypal account. Their workaround is not to use a Donate button (odd workaround ... isn't it?).

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 13, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Make sure that the email field is un-mapped in the PayPal Feed, as seen in this Screenshot

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 13, 2012 | Permalink
  10. Rob, thanks for the follow up on this issue. This fixed the issue for us.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 14, 2012 | Permalink
  11. No problem, glad to help out.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 14, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.