PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form not working

1. cafehandmade

Hi,
    I set up the form with post fields; title, body; images; custom fields, etc. Tested the form and it worked great. I added a few more fields and now it is not working, even if I remove the fields later added. It says "sending request..." in the browser status, then nothing... no error or success message.

What could be causing this?

http://cafehandmade.com/vendor-info/vendor-reservation/spring-craft-show-reservation/

Thank you,
    Kerri

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday March 12, 2011 | Permalink
  2. cafehandmade

I read about some issues with Go Daddy. I am on Go Daddy on a linux server. There was no resolution posted.

Can anyone assist?

Not sure why it worked a few times then suddenly stopped working.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday March 14, 2011 | Permalink
  3. It's hard to tell just from your description what the issue could be. It could be a PHP memory issue, or it could be a mod_security firewall issue blocking the AJAX request. We'd have to see the issue firsthand to dry and determine what is happening.

If you send us a WordPress admin login via our Contact Us form we can take a look and see what is going on. Reference this forum post when doing so.

4. cafehandmade

I tried again and got it to work with smaller image file sizes. If it is an image size issue, why doesn't it give an error message?

5. Because the file uploader is the built in PHP file uploader. It doesn't know the file size limitations because it doesn't know the file size until after the upload occurs and the file is stored. The standard PHP file upload functionality is pretty basic.

You may need to increase the file upload settings for your PHP settings. You will have to discuss this with GoDaddy. PHP has a max file upload size setting. You may be exceeding that.

6. chenyu36

Is it possible to add a progress bar to extend the file upload functionality (basic PHP uploader)?
    The reason being my client could be uploading anywhere between 100MB to 1GB of digital files, so potentially it could take a long time. (depending on client's upload bandwidth). I also want to make sure the connection does not timeout on the file upload due to larger file size.

In order to help clients to go through order easily without waiting for the file(s) to upload, is it possible to just store the path to the file(s) first and only bulk upload at the conclusion of the transaction.(e.g. cart66 or other shopping cart solution)

I appreciate your suggestions and ideas.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday March 25, 2011 | Permalink
  7. The current File Upload field does not support a progress bar. We do plan on enhancing the File Upload field in a future release to incorporate a progress bar and multiple files in one upload. This will require the uploads to take place before the form is submitted because of how these works, but it is most definitely on our list of feature enhancements we plan on implementing in the future.

What you describe as far as delaying the upload isn't possible for browser security reasons. The upload has to take place at the time they select the files and opt to upload. It can't happen outside the scope of the form submission.

8. chenyu36

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the feedback. It's good to know that feature has been planned. Do you have a ball park schedule when the"upload file progress bar" or "multiple file upload" feature will be rolled out in future releases?

Can you help me understand better as far as why delaying file upload could compromise browser security?
    Thank you.

9. It won't be until later this year. We just finished a very big development cycle with the 1.5 release and our 2 new Add-Ons so we are taking a breather right now and focusing on any bug fixes for those new releases before planning new features. But it is most definitely a feature we plan on adding later this year.

The way browser security works is the browser doesn't let you tell it which files you want to download. It has to happen as part of the form action. If you could just tell the browser what to download at anytime, this would enable malicious code to download files from your computer without your permission. So the upload has to take place as part of the form action for the form being submitted and can't be delayed.