PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form Preview link/button

1. I keep all of my WordPress websites in a subdirectory in order to keep my public_html directory really clean. I usually name the directory /website or something like that. If I try to to preview any of my forms using the 'preview form link' it inlcudes the subdirectory in the preview url:

http://www.mywebsite.org/website/?gf_page=preview&id=1

If I remove the /website from the URL the preview link works fine.

How do I get GF to ignore the /website directory for the preview link?

Reference:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory

Posted 10 years ago on Friday May 24, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav
    Administrator

I have wordpress setup in a subdirectory also and the preview link works fine for me with the subdirectory in the url. Are you sure you followed the steps in the codex article 100% it sounds like you may have missed one.

Edit: If you check in your wp directory do you still have an index.php file, if I remember correctly if you move that file to the site root instead of just copying it you can get problems similar to what you have described.

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday May 25, 2013 | Permalink
  3. @richardvav

Thank you. You were right. It turns out that my .gitignore file was causing the index.php in the /website directory to not be deployed to the production server.

That was a sloppy mistake on my end but I appreciate you taking the time to offer a suggestion.

Cheers,
    derek

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday May 28, 2013 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

Glad you got it sorted out. All my best!

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday May 28, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.