PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form to PDF or Printer Friendly HTML Page

1. I am looking to purchase a plug-in that will allow me to create custom forms that, rather than submitting via email, could submit and create a nicely (custom) formatted page with the form results. For example, the form could be for me to input what I'm shipping and when I hit submit, it shows me a shipping list that I can print.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday December 18, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Sounds like Gravity Forms could do what you want. Gravity Forms can create a WordPress post, or you could print the entries from the back-end inside of the Gravity Forms Entries area. All my best!

3. Could the WP Post it creates be private and then automatically delete itself or would I have to clean it up every so often? Would I have the ability to modify how the Post looks? Like where to place the form fields and in what font/color, etc?

4. David Peralty

Control over a WordPress post isn't controlled under Gravity Forms. If you are just focused on printing entries without formatting them, then we have a Print button in Gravity Forms. If you want to style how entries look when they come out of the printer, you'll have to custom code a print stylesheet. All my best!

5. David,

Can you reference some threads or other discussions about a creating a print stylesheet so that we can control the output style of the forms? Really just looking for a bit of direction pointing so I can go study and implement ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday December 21, 2012 | Permalink
  6. David, a few weeks back you posted "If you are just focused on printing entries without formatting them, then we have a Print button in Gravity Forms." Can you point me to where that feature is located? I'm trying to add it to my form and just don't see it. Thanks much!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 9, 2013 | Permalink
  7. David Peralty

It isn't a button. It is to print an entry. On each submitted entry, if you just view a single entry, we have a Print button to print that entry. If you are trying to add a print button to your form, you'll want to use an HTML block and add a print button manually.

http://javascript.about.com/library/blprint.htm

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 10, 2013 | Permalink
  8. Thanks for clarifying, David - much appreciated.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 10, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.