PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form total option pricing field to show on final page

1. dillon

How do I make it so on the final price page (were it shoes a bill, with the total cost) I can show the user the prices of each individual prices of each option. Instead of just showing the Product and its price, then sub-divise the options without showing its each individual price.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 8, 2011 | Permalink
  2. This isn't an option. The Total field only shows the Total, it doesn't display a break down of everything selected and their individual prices.

3. dillon

Im talking about at the confirmation page.

Right now I have it set to "{pricing_fields}"

It said in the new update that the pricing fields are editable now.

On the confirmation page it shows the single product price, but I NEED to show the options prices as well, instead of just having them add to the single product.

Here is the link for your viewing: http://www.inkasarmored.com/toyota-builder/

4. So I filled out the form and this is what I see: http://i.imgur.com/djZYI.png

The way Options work is they impact the price of a product. Currently there is no way on the {pricing_fields} display to show the option price next to each option, the price impacts the Product Price itself and then the options are options of that Product.

We can look at adding this in a future release, but currently it's not something the {pricing_fields} merge tag does.

5. dillon

Is there a way I can edit the code? Or is there any other way around this? Maybe adding a field to the product function and allow multiple choices with products? Which technically could work. How would I do this. There must be a way around this.

6. You could certainly look into modifying the code, but we don't support core code customizations because once you start editing the core code we can't support code we didn't write. If you search for pricing_fields in the core plugin code you can find where that is output and could certainly look into modifying it.

7. dillon

Perfect! I did it. All I had to do was edit some lines in the common.php file and just work with the CSS with re-aranging the tables. Was looking every were for that "pricing_fields".

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday August 9, 2011 | Permalink
  8. @dillon Just keep track of any customizations you make. We don't want this to prevent you from updating Gravity Forms in the future so you'll want to note any customizations you make so you can re-apply them after doing a software update.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday August 9, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.