PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form with Conditional Logic Not working after 1.6.4.1.1 Update

1. djconqueso

The form found on this page:
    http://203.88.127.20/dev/get-in-touch/contact-us/

is not working after an update to 1.6.4.1.1. Checking my error panel in FF, I get "jQuery undefined" on line 85.

Please advise.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday May 3, 2012 | Permalink
  2. The cause of this is because your jQuery is being placed in your footer. Actually there are two versions there in your footer upon viewing the source. Screenshot

Certain Gravity Forms functionality has never worked when outputting jQuery in the footer. So the update wouldn't/shouldn't have any impact on that.

It's currently not something that is supported when using certain fields that are jQuery script dependent (conditional logic, multi-page forms, AJAX, etc.).

We do plan on updating Gravity Forms to suport loading all scripts, including jQuery, in the footer, however it is going to require doing a lot of refactoring to make it possible. It's an overhaul that is currently planned for either the v1.6.5 or v1.6.6 release.

The only way to use Gravity Forms when you absolutely have to do this is by limiting what functionality you use on your forms.

3. djconqueso

So I moved jQuery to the header and now I get this error:

Timestamp: 5/3/12 4:39:30 PM
    Error: window.gf_form_conditional_logic is undefined
    Source File: http://203.88.127.20/dev/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/js/conditional_logic.js?ver=1.6.4.1.1
    Line: 20

Any thoughts?

4. David Peralty

Can you move the rest of the Gravity Forms JS information to the header please? That should fix that error.

5. There is still another version in your footer: Screenshot

Remove that and see what happens.

6. djconqueso

Version 1.6.3.3.4 worked previously on a site was working on last week, and when I roll back to that version on this site, it works fine with jQuery in the footer.

Both use the same HTML5 Boilerplate with jQuery in the footer.

I'm going to have to roll back to 1.6.3.3.4 until it's resolved. Is there a way to turn off the update notifications? Will removing my license key do that?