PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form working ok, but no entries

1. My form is performing well, but it is not logging the submission as an entry. It is sending a blank admin notification email too.

Made a new form to test and got the same result. Any ideas?

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday March 29, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Help!! I am having the same problem. The form appears to work ok. It accepts the form submission and sends me to the confirmation page. The problem is that the entry is not logged and the admin email is blank.

3. Gravity Forms worked fine up until the most recent update. I have disabled all other plugins, but that doesn't seem to help.

- The email notification is empty. No information is included.
    - The entry is does not show in the Entries list

I am using WordPress 3.1 and Gravity Forms 1.5.

Thanks!

4. I'm guessing you are hosting on a Windows server and it's a URL rewriting permalink issue. Running PHP or WordPress on a Windows server is bit like running Mac OSX on PC hardware. It only leads to problems.

Difficult to tell without being able to see your forms. If you send us a WordPress admin login via our Contact Us form and links to the pages containing the forms we can take a look. Reference this forum post when doing so that way we know what it is in regards to.

5. Nope. Not on a windows server. I was able to get the forms working again by completely uninstalling and reinstalling Gravity Forms.

I exported the entries before I uninstalled. Is there any way to get the entries back?

Thanks!

6. @smkorby It sounds like the install didn't happen properly the first time. There is no easy to way import entries currently. You'd have to write custom code and know how to properly serialize the data. We do plan on creating an import add-on in the future, but it's not currently in development. How many entries?

7. chrisrobinson

This happened to us here as of Friday, and there are some forms that we just can't have the data disappearing on. Is there a way to roll back the update?

And the uninstall and reinstall just means wiping out Gravity Forms, correct? What happens with all the forms made? Will they have to be remade?

With 40+ forms that's a lot of added time and attempting to re-enter data if that's possible.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday April 25, 2011 | Permalink
  8. @chrisrobinson We are unable to replicate this issue locally and we have been waiting for ANY user to send us FTP information for a site having this issue so we can debug it, it's an upgrade issue impacting a limited number of sites. Unfortunately nobody has provided us with this information to debug it.

If you can send us a WordPress admin login and FTP login for the site having the issue via our Contact Us form, we can take a look and debug the issue and determine the problem and correct it so you don't need to roll back or uninstall.

We can't replicate it the only way to debug it is on a site that is experiencing the issue. So if you can provide us this information we would be glad to take a look and determine what is going on.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday April 25, 2011 | Permalink
  9. chrisrobinson

@carlhancock I have created users for you guys to use, however the request makes me nervous. I sent my contact information via your contact us, that tells us not to use it for support requests.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday April 26, 2011 | Permalink
  10. So everyone that encounters this issue is aware, we have narrowed down the problem on 2 user sites having this issue to a database user permission issue.

The database user the WordPress site is configured to use in the wp-config.php does not have the ALTER permission which means when the Gravity Forms update runs it is unable to alter it's database tables to accomodate the new features/changes.

You need to make sure the database user WordPress is using does have the ALTER permission (as well as the CREATE permission) so that it can properly execute database commands dealing with creating/editing tables.

Once you correct the database user you then have to update a WordPress option in the wp_options table so that the Gravity Forms setup will execute again. You have to delete the rg_form_version option in the wp_options table and then deactivate and activate Gravity Forms again.

So the issue is some users WordPress sites are using a database user that doesn't have the ALTER permission.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday April 26, 2011 | Permalink
  11. I just dealt with this same problem. Basically the lead table doesn't get 8 fields added to it during the upgrade. Following the instruction above DID NOT solve the problem so I had to modify the table by hand (which did solve the issue)

While doing so, it seemed to be that the CREATE TABLE command is a bit "sloppy". It has been my experience that the deltaDB function is quite picky about spacing and syntax. In general, I have had to export the table structure from MySQL and use exactly that syntax to keep deltaDB happy.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday May 25, 2011 | Permalink
  12. @transom The most likely issue is the database user your WordPress site is configured to use in wp-config.php does not have full access to your database which is a major problem for WordPress, themes and plugins that need the Alter permission to make updates to existing tables. This is why this problem happened. Gravity Forms was unable to alter the lead table to add the new columns.

You need to update the database user configured in your wp-config.php file so that it has full permissions to your database, otherwise you may run into issues like this with Gravity Forms or other plugins, themes and even WordPress in the future.

13. I'm having the same problems since the upgrade on the loflcon.com website--entries not being recorded. For the layperson, how do I fix this myself?

14. The problem is as I outlined above, the database user your site is using doesn't have Alter permissions so Gravity Forms was unable to update it's database tables.

The first thing you ou need to do is make sure the database user configured in wp-config.php is updated so it has the Alter permission, really it needs Full Permissions to your database to be safe.

If you aren't familiar with MySQL then it is going to be more difficult. The easiest solution is to the uninstall Gravity Forms using the Uninstall option on the Settings. However, be aware this will delete ALL your Gravity Forms data. So this may not be an option for you.

The solution to retain your data is after correcting the database users permissions, you then need to delete the rg_form_version option your WordPress options database table.

If you need assistance with this let me know. We would only be able to assist you after you have had the database user corrected.