PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

format emails

1. I have a very angry librarian screaming at me over the phone because her form output email no longer prints on just one page. Can you point me in the right direction to make a permanent change to the email format?

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday October 15, 2009 | Permalink
  2. You would have to edit the Notification email for the form in question and manually create whatever format you want by building your own notification email. You edit Notifications for that form and then use the form field dropdown to insert the form values how you want them to be displayed. You will need to add your own labels to them as the form field variables just outputs the actual field value and not the label.

There is no way to guarantee a form will only print on one page, other than making a very short form. It takes user input so the amount of data is going to vary from entry to entry depending on how much user data is entered.

If you are referring to the formatting of the "All Fields" functionality, this isn't configurable. The "All Fields" functionality is set functionality and you would have to manually build your notification email as I mentioned above and format it however you want if you don't like how the "All Fields" formatting formats things.

In order to change the "All Fields" functionality, you would have to change the plugin code itself by editing the gravityforms.php file. We never recommend this as it will make applying future upgrades a problem.

3. Oh good grief, I never think about the ability to edit my notifications per form. That's what I'll do, thanks!

4. A screaming librarian? Ironic. You can format the email manually on the form notification page. If you need, you can specify which fields will show rather than using the {all_fields} tag.

screenshot

Of course, it's difficult to guarantee any email will print on just one page due to varying printer margins, etc. Good luck

5. Does the text field auto-read line breaks or do I need to HTML format this?

6. You shouldn't need to put HTML for line breaks, but you can use HTML for mark up and formatting (bold text, etc.).

7. Hi, I've got a similar problem, I want to get the {all_fields} part of the notification email down much smaller because the person entering the data prefers it all on one page. How would I shrink the size of the text, or change the layout so that it is spread across two columns rather than one?

gratefully,

Stephen

Posted 14 years ago on Sunday March 21, 2010 | Permalink
  8. The best thing to do in this situation is to simply create your own layout using each individual field rather than the {all_fields} default. You can add HTML markup to the notification so you can go wild with the formatting/styling if you want.

If you were to modify the defaults, you would be in danger of losing your changes if you auto-upgrade.

Posted 14 years ago on Monday March 22, 2010 | Permalink
  9. Thanks Kevin

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday March 24, 2010 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.