PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Forms for each of my authors?

1. stan

I'm creating a website with MANY authors (100+).
    I want each of them to be able to create their own custom contact form on their posts, as well as be able to organize the information users put into their contact forms.
    Is this possible with gravity forms?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday August 21, 2011 | Permalink
  2. You can give authors permission to create forms. I'm not sure you want to, but you can. But the permissions are not so granular that they can only edit their form and their entries. Here are the Gravity Forms permissions you can assign by role:

gravityforms_addon_browser
    gravityforms_create_form
    gravityforms_delete_entries
    gravityforms_delete_forms
    gravityforms_edit_entries
    gravityforms_edit_entry_notes
    gravityforms_edit_forms
    gravityforms_edit_settings
    gravityforms_export_entries
    gravityforms_mailchimp
    gravityforms_mailchimp_uninstall
    gravityforms_paypal
    gravityforms_paypal_uninstall
    gravityforms_twilio
    gravityforms_twilio_uninstall
    gravityforms_uninstall
    gravityforms_user_registration
    gravityforms_user_registration_uninstall
    gravityforms_view_entries
    gravityforms_view_entry_notes
    gravityforms_view_settings
    gravityforms_view_updates

(Some of those permissions come from Gravity Forms Add-ons.)

I don't think the capabilities built in to Gravity Forms are sufficient to do what you want. If you assign all authors the capability to create forms, view entries and edit entries, they would be able to view all entries and edit all entries, not just their own.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 22, 2011 | Permalink
  3. An alternate approach could be to create one contact form, then embed that in the post template you're using to display the stories (or wherever you want the form displayed.) Then you could conditionally set the notification so that it's emailed to the post author only, and let the author's manage their contacts on their own, based on the information they were emailed. They could use their own address book or Excel or whatever works.

That way you would not need to give authors the ability to create forms, or view or edit entries.

4. stan

Thanks for your response!
    I'll put that into consideration.
    I appreciate it.

5. Please ask if you have any more questions before purchasing.

6. pjeaje

this is exactly what i want to do, have a contact form in the sidebar that will allow for someone to send an email to the post author with the subject line being the post title.

Is there a tutorial or an example i can upload to make this for my GF?

Thanks
    Pete

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday December 10, 2011 | Permalink
  7. If you have already purchased Gravity Forms, please feel free to start a new topic and we'll address your question there. Thank you.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday December 10, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.