PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Forms Editor Messed Up

1. I don't really know how to create a title for this one....sorry, Images are the only way to share what the problem is. The buttons and boxes are completely misaligned in the form editor. This is a fresh install on a new theme on a new domain. I've been using Gforms for awhile and usually have zero problems, however, this one I am at a loss. Here are the urls for the screenshots.

Installation Status Screenshot>
    Form Editor Screenshot>

Thanks in advance.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday September 29, 2011 | Permalink
  2. That's going to be a plugin conflict. Some other plugin is outputting styles on the Gravity Forms admin pages when it shouldn't be. I've seen it before but don't recall which plugin (s) were the culprits.

Try testing for a plugin conflict and see what you can find out.

http://rkt.gs/testing

3. As I feared....it is my theme. I contacted the theme developer, but it's Templatic, so who knows if they will actually be able to help me. I'm screwed if they can't because the theme comes built with a cool voting functionality that moves posts up and down the home page based on the voting algorithms (this function is required for the project I'm working on). Kev, is there any advice or assistance that you could send my way?

4. The best thing is just to ask the Templatic guys how to de-register their scripts/CSS in the WordPress admin. The should only be enqueueing them on admin pages related to any theme options, etc. We had another user run into the same thing the other day and they did assist him with it.

If you have problems getting support from them on the issue, just let us know and somebody I know will bring it up publicly on a very popular social network since this is an ongoing problem ;)

5. See.......THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT........Developers that actually give a shit. Even though you can't help me since it isn't your coding that is causing the issue, you're willing to go the extra mile to assist me and get my issue resolved. I'm very thankful Kev. Seriously. Most people would've responded with this:

"Unfortunately, we cannot help as it is the cause of __________, we have heard of this issue before, good luck"

And the truth of the matter, is that the common response is actually quid pro quo and fair, yet it's very nice to hear from someone who values a customer enough to say "hey, if they don't help, I will stand up and help you fight them to get it done". I appreciate it Kev and I will keep you posted.

6. Thanks Kev. We've been on the other side too many times and don't want to be "those guys". Sometimes we hit a wall, but we like to feel like we tried to help the best we could.

7. @Vegas Kev I actually just ran into a Templatic theme that caused this very issue earlier this week. They refused to help the customer at the time and instead blamed Gravity Forms. I debugged the issue and pinpointed the exact cause (improperly enqueuing scripts by the Templatic theme) and the user took that information to them and they assisted him with the issue.

Let me know if you have any problems getting Templatic to provide you with support on this. I assisted the last customer by nudging Templatic via Twitter... and they quickly resolved the issue.

8. @Kev....it just makes you look better than you already do bro.
    @Carl....Would it happened to have been the PlusOne theme? Because that's the issue that I'm having? Their support doesn't start until about 7:30PM Pacific Time, so if it was the PlusOne theme, I would love to have you send me the info you put together for the other Gravity Forms member so I could get them to take action asap....if possible. Thanks

9. @Vegas Kev It was actually their WebHosting theme. But i'm sure the same issues probably apply to most of their themes. When we ran into this issue with another customer earlier this week I was told by R. Bhavesh who owns Templatic that they would immediately inspect and fix their themes. So they may have already corrected this, although it's unlikely they have gotten to all of them yet.

10. @Carl: Here is the templatic response....thanks for the assistance:

Hi there!

We are currently updating the theme to work with Gravity forms so expect a solution in the next few days.

Let us know if we can assist you further
    Vedran

11. @Vegas Kev Funny. This isn't a Gravity Forms compatibility issue, it's an issue of them not following best practices and not developing their theme correctly.

12. Fast Forward 6 Months later. I actually dropped Templatic and got a refund. They are terrible. They suck...their themes are garbage and extremely overpriced. Templatic turned out to be my worst Wordpress Theme issue ever. You were definitely right, it was a Templatic issue, not a Gravity Forms issue.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday April 6, 2012 | Permalink
  13. Thanks for letting us know!

Posted 12 years ago on Friday April 6, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.