PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Forms Won't Save

1. sandpetra

I recently bought a developer license for Gravity forms and decided to try it out on my website, however no forms appear to be saving, when I say they aren't saving - they don't appear in the edit-forms table.

I'm not sure if this is an error with the plugin or simply down to the fact that a table hasn't been created in the database properly?

I've googled around for a solution and I've also searched this forum, although alot of the time I seem to be redirecting me to bbPress error pages, most of the suggestions seem to suggest deactivting all of my plugins to see if there is a conflict, whilst another suggestion is to completely delete and reinstall the plugin, making sure that all my CHMOD permissions are correct.

None of these seem to have done anything and I am wondering if anyone else has ran into similar problems.

Cheers!

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday August 12, 2010 | Permalink
  2. It's hard to tell without looking at the site. The plugin may not have installed properly, or it could be a theme or plugin conflict that is causing the issue.

- Uninstall the plugin using the Uninstall feature on the Settings page (Forms > settings)
    - Reinstall the plugin from scratch

If that doesn't work you will need to check for theme conflict:

- Activate the default TwentyTen or Kubrick theme depending on your WordPress version
    - Test to see if Forms save

If they still don't work then you will need to check for plugin conflict:

- Deactivate ALL plugins
    - Activate Gravity Forms
    - Test to see if Forms save

If they do save then it is a plugin conflict and you will now need to determine which plugin is causing the problem:

- Activate each plugin one by one
    - Test to see if Forms save after each plugin you activate

3. sandpetra

OK I did all the above, numerous times. It's not a theme conflict, or a plugin conflict (I deactivated everything).

Any other ideas?

At the moment, I create a form, it says the form is saved, and when I go to manage my forms, there is none available.

4. Hard to determine the issue without looking at the site first hand, too many variables. If you can send us a WordPress admin login via our Contact Us form we'd be glad to take a look and see what is going on.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday August 13, 2010 | Permalink