PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

from "contact form" and mail reply to

1. I have a 2 part question that I have not been able to find the answer too

1) when an email is sent to me and as an auto reply to the user it comes from "contact form" is there a way to change that?

2) when an email is sent to me and I hit reply, the reply to email is my own contact form email address, how can I set it up so that the users email address is the one I am replying to?

thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Monday March 7, 2011 | Permalink
  2. 1) Yes, you can configure the Form Email as part of your Notification settings. If this isn't changing even when you set this information, then there is a configuration problem with your web host.

2) There is a Reply To email option in the Notification settings. You can also configure it to use an Email field for the Reply To so that it's populated with the email of the person filling out the form.

Notification documentation is here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/edit-forms/notifications/

You get to Notifications by going to Edit Forms, hover over the form you want and select Notifications.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday March 7, 2011 | Permalink
  3. how would I go about telling my webhost that there is a config error? I have not seen an option to change who the email is from. the sent from email is correct but the name of the sender shows up as contact form <xxxx@domain.com>

sorry I realized I posted my second question completely wrong. I found my way to the notification section already but instead of putting my email there I selected from the select an email field "email" and it still does not work. From what I understand that should be right, it just seems to not be taking

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday March 8, 2011 | Permalink
  4. You would contact your web hosting support and explain to them that you are sending email via PHP and the PHP is setting the From Email address but it's still always being sent with a default email address set by your host. Explain to them what is going on and ask why their server is doing this and what they can do to make it work.

It might be a situation where you need to install the WP Mail SMTP plugin and send email via a SMTP server rather than via standard PHP sendmail.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday March 8, 2011 | Permalink
  5. oh man, I had the smtp plugin installed but I had never noticed at the bottom that you can change the from name. I am all sorted now in that department. I will contact my host on the other problem and see what happens from there

thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Friday March 11, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.