PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Getting dynamically populated hidden field data

1. webdevstudios

I have filled a hidden field in a form using dynamic population. However, the population takes the form of filling in an input as such:

<input name="gform_field_values" value="parameter_name=3" type="hidden">

My question is, how do you access this data after form submission? The only way I've found as of yet is parsing $_POST["gform_field_values"], but I'm sure there is a more standardized way.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 14, 2011 | Permalink
  2. webdevstudios

Just realized that there is also a second input that is dynamically populating that i can get the value from easily as such:

<input name="input_9" id="input_2_9" class="gform_hidden" value="value_here" type="hidden">

3. I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do as far as accessing the data after the form submission. You can access the data after the form is submitted via the gform_post_submission hook. This has access to the Entry object. The Entry object contains all of the data that was used to create the Entry and you can then update or manipulate the values.

The gform_post_submission hook is outlined here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_post_submission

The Entry object is outlined here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Entry_Object

But if you provide more clarification on what the issue is or what you are trying to do I can have Alex provide you with more guidance.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.