PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Getting Form Fields To Work

1. This is probably a basic thing, but I've been struggling to get it to work.

I'm trying to get my front page form that is already styled to work with gravity forms.
    http://www.guarantymoving.com/

The issue is the fields are not being entered into the entry list and on email notifications the fields are naturally not passing either.

**I am not inserting the form via shortcode, just installing the form hard coded and I copied the elements from this page http://www.guarantymoving.com/test-page/ --- note there is an additionally styled and working form on the sidebar of this page that I have no problems with.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Posted 10 years ago on Sunday June 30, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav
    Administrator

I suspect the issue is your form is missing a number of id's and classes that the Gravity Forms script beneath the form is expecting to find, go back and compare the HTML for the two forms with the script beneath the form and you will see what I mean.

3. My question now is are all these things necessary for the values to be passed? Does the form have to be in a list to work?

gf_browser_chrome gform_wrappe
    gform_body
    <ul id='gform_fields_2' class='gform_fields top_label description_below'>
    <li id='field_2_1' class='gfield' >

Is all that necessary compared to doing the form the way I am?

4. David Peralty

Please embed your Gravity Forms form by either using the embed code, or the PHP embed. Copying and pasting the form HTML is not enough to get Gravity Forms to work as expected.

5. I redid it this way. Got it working.

Posted 10 years ago on Monday July 1, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Thanks for the update, I am glad you got it working.

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday July 2, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.