PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Getting GF email, but no Mailchimp email or notification in lists

1. Downtoearth

I have read thru the support for the Mailchimp Add-on, but for whatever reason Mailchimp is not getting a new subscriber to the list, and no welcome email, but my GF comes thru just fine on both ends. I have the conditions set right to my knowledge and all correct settings. The form is at http://twodudeswc.com/free-estimate-request/

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 25, 2012 | Permalink
  2. HelmaP

I have the same problem on http://www.itheechhus.nl/ .
    Subscribers don't get the confirmation mail they should receive from MailChimp.

Please help.
    Thanks.

Helma

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 25, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I have that intermittent problem too. sometimes works and sometimes not.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 26, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Hello, I replied above but been doing a lot of testing lately and found something that I am not sure if this is related to you or not.

When a user subscribes and is unsubscribed it moves to the unsubscribe list. If they are in this list, they will not get the email for the opt-in. they must be removed from that list first.

Also if you are using the same email address for testing, and you delete it from MC list, wait about 2-5 minutes for MC to update then retest. I found that each time I tested and deleted and then tested again, no email opt-in...wait and then retest.

Also when I was requesting support from MC, they told me to make sure they are not on any blacklists. If a user is on a blacklist, MC won't send that out and it will drop and it will seem like that no one is getting anything.

Also, make sure your server is actually connecting to MC server. MC was having some issues with some of their servers, so connections was sporadic.

Hope that helps anyone. My problem now is the preferred format issues...hmmm

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 27, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Downtoearth

GF, any word on a fix yet? I tried it again today and still not working. Egrogg, I tried your suggestions, but I never once got a welcome email that I was supposed to get, so there is no way they were on a blacklist. Mailchimp account shows none on my list. If it was a server issue it would be correctly working now, but it's not.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday January 28, 2012 | Permalink
  6. I'm also having this issue, it was working however it's now no longer sending the confirmation nor submitting to mailchimp

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday February 2, 2012 | Permalink
  7. I should add to this, we also have a quick signup form that is using the code mailchimp supplies on the same website and this submits fine. It's the GF integration that isn't submitting

8. k, for those that are having this issue I managed to get the confirmation message by using a separate email address THAT I HAVE NEVER USED BEFORE while testing. This worked!

Mailchimp may stop sending the confirmations at some point if you keep using a pool of 2-3 emails for testing. It shouldn't but it appears to be the case in my situation. If others can try and let me know if they discovered the same thing, thx.

9. Thank you Magnum Creative - this helped me a lot!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 2, 2012 | Permalink
  10. Yeb, same here. Tried a different email address for testing instead of one that was already used a zillion-times. And that one worked perfectly.
    So, the problem might be MailChimp, not GF.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 7, 2012 | Permalink
  11. Thank you for sharing your experience.

12. Also, if you're having trouble, please see this:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/mailchimp-not-getting-subscribers?replies=6#post-70001