PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

gf using Chrome is slow

1. freeHat

Both editing forms in admin and processing the form live is really slow using Chrome. IE10 is fine, very fast even. Am not using any extensions or plugins for Chrome. Using 1.6.12

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday April 4, 2013 | Permalink
  2. juraimi77

HI,

I just both and install gravity forms. I dunno why my admin and post is very slow. it really takes more than 20secs to load. Please help?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday April 5, 2013 | Permalink
  3. I've noticed the same issue here.

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday May 28, 2013 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

I, and many of the team both PC and Mac use Google Chrome and Gravity Forms and don't notice an issue. If this was an issue we needed to create a bug fix for, we'd expect many more people having the same issue. What I've found in supporting others on other sites and products was it always ended up being an extension in the browser causing the issue.

An adblocker, refresh, auto-fill, quick share extension that people have added to their browsers that interacted in a bad way with JavaScript on a page, and since Gravity Forms is heavily JavaScript managed/enabled, it causes issues for certain people but it isn't something we can fix, nor something we can pin down to specific extensions because everyone's mix is so different.

5. Any experiences with member using CloudFlare or WP Supercache? U could definitely be correct in your assumptions. I only see the slow load on my laptop...not on my android phone or tablet...but then I am not using a chrome browser on either of them.

6. David Peralty

WP Supercache can create issues, again because Gravity Forms is so heavily JavaScript based. We usually recommend people not cache Gravity Forms pages or pages with a Gravity Forms form on it. As for CloudFlare, I don't know of anything specific currently.

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday May 29, 2013 | Permalink
  7. Richard Vav
    Administrator

I have been using CloudFlare for the past twelve months and have only experienced one issue; a javascript error preventing a form using conditional logic from being displayed due to a bug in their Rocket Loaderâ„¢ (Web optimization) feature which is in beta but once I disabled that the problem was resolved.

8. I personally use Chrome as my default browser on my notebook, also as the default on my iOS devices and haven't noticed any browser-specific performance problems using Gravity Forms. I would suspect it is something other than the browser itself. Most likely a combination of plugins, caching or something along that line.