PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Giving form access to the customers

1. Hi,

When a user of my website fills completly a form, i would to like to give this user an access to this form, just like when i click on "Entries => View" on an entrie being administrator. Idealy i want the user to be able to edit the entries of his own form , but read only would be good too.

Is there a way to do that ?

Regards

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday August 21, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Editing entries is not built in to Gravity Forms. It's something that's being considered for a future version, possibly 1.7. Version 1.6 should be released as a beta this month. Right now though, there's nothing built in to Gravity Forms that allows someone who submitted a form to edit their entry. It could be accomplished, but it would be an extensive customization.

If you wanted to display the entry on the front end, you could use the built in hooks and filters, or a 3rd party plugin. Here's one:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-addons/

You could also create a post using the submitted data, then just display that post to the original user only. You'd have to implement some sort of access control in that case.

Can you share more about the form, such as what's in it? Maybe someone has done something similar in the past and I can point you to that.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 22, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Thanks Chris.

I think i will make a post with the form entries, and give access to the post only to the selected user using anothers plugins. I would like to use the same design that the mail that is send automatically when a form is submited, can i do that easily ?

Also the mail contains only the entries that are really filled by the users (for example all the conditional entries don't appear in the mail) and when i use the "post body" form field i must select each form entrie one by one, even the conditional ones. I would like to only show the fields that are filled, can i do that too ?

4. For the first question, yes, with one form your email notification will be the same for everyone. I may not be understanding the question completely though, so please feel free to post more details.

In your second paragraph, are you talking about the post body? You want to show only the fields that are filled in, in the post body?

5. macfocus

Hi Chris,

Did you make any progress with this?
    I am hoping for a project, that requires me to do the same thing.

Hope to hear from you.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday September 19, 2011 | Permalink
  6. @macfocus, I was not working on anything here. Please feel free to post a new topic with your specific questions and we'll work on it there if possible.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday September 19, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.