PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

GoDaddy Conflicts?

1. Perry

Hello,

Are there any conflicts with Gravity Forms and GoDaddy hosting?

Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday September 5, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Several people have had issues with GoDaddy hosting. Some in regards to receiving notifications, some security issues, etc. GoDaddy has some strange, non-standard server setup that causes a variety of problems. It also could depend what server you end up on. For some folks it works fine but GoDaddy in general has been the source of a lot of angst here in the member forums.

I'd personally stick with bluehost, hostgator, dreamhost or somebody like that for the economy level hosting. So far, we've not had any host-specific issues with those.

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday September 5, 2010 | Permalink
  3. Have there been any advancement in working with GoDaddy? We battled with getting Contact Form 7 working again... I had a ton of work invested in a form built on CF7, one day it just stopped working... I spent hours on the line with GoDaddy and in forums reading, seems no one ever really figured out how to get their form working again. After much trouble shooting, I sure did not.

Various forums say "you could always just get gravity Forms and live carefree"... Well here I am. :) I've put in a day of learning and I now have a form that I'm pretty satisfied with but guess what? yea, it's not sending mail either.

I can see all of the entries from the tests I've submitted but no emails to the admin address.

So I ask you today with high hopes; have you come up with anything for those hosting WordPress on GoDaddy? Please save me from pull out my last bit of hair.

Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday February 24, 2011 | Permalink
  4. If your GoDaddy server isn't sending emails this can typically be resolved by using the WP Mail SMTP plugin to tell WordPress to use SMTP to send the email. You have to properly configure the SMTP settings.

WordPress doesn't do anything unusual as far as sending emails go and Gravity Forms uses the built in wp_mail function to send email. The issue on GoDaddy's end and how they configure their servers.

Another thing GoDaddy has been known to do is queue emails rather than sending them immediately. They hold on to them in a queue that gradually sends them. Definitely ideal.

Ultimately GoDaddy hosting is not ideal in general, and not just for WordPress. These same issues can impact any CMS system hosted on GoDaddy. In general their hosting is difficult to work with and their support typically shows a complete lack of interest in helping customers get things working properly.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday February 24, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Just as a tip: If you use WP Mail SMTP with GoDaddy, use "relay-hosting.secureserver.net" as your SMTP Host info... That is the only setting that needs to be set (no username, etc needed). This will work for most needs (limit 1,000 emails per day) and is good if you just need to get up and running.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 8, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.