PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Gravity Form & Dottoro Theme

1. I purchased Gravity for its easy interface with Paypal & MailChimp. I'm using the Dottoro theme. When adding a "new" contact us form at the new page menu, I click on the icon for adding a Gravity form, select the active form, and then hit the "blue" submit form to page button. It's at this point nothing happens. The "button" does not update the page.

I installed the newest "Gravity" version - thinking a new install would work. I tried deactivating each other plugin one at a time - and not results.

If I write the code on the page, the form appears. Any fix ideas?

Michael

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 22, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Michael, sounds like something going on with the theme then. Do you have access to the theme maker? Have you tried the No Conflict Mode in the Settings of the Gravity Forms plugin?

3. Thanks Rob, Tried the "No Conflict Mode" - and it does the same thing. Not sure what to do about a "theme" conflict as I've invested a substantial amount of time trying to figure it all out. I sent a note to Dottoro to see if there are any known conflicts with their theme and Gravity.

Still unresolved ...
    Many thanks!
    Michael

4. Have you tried using the default WP theme - Twenty Ten or Twenty Eleven to verify you can insert the form using one of those?

5. Hello Rob:
    I did install the 2011 Wordpress theme - and Gravity worked as expected. Dottoro in their forum was blaming it on a "bug" in the Gravity plugin. Wow, I hate this ... stuck without the ability to fix on my own - and may need to change themes.

6. David Peralty

If they could tell us what the bug is, we could work to rectify it or give you suggestions on how to get both things to work together.

7. Here's what happens:
    1. I create a form using Gravity.
    2. Name the form "Contact Us".
    3. In Wordpress, create a new "page".
    4. Click on the "Gravity" insert form icon at the top to the page.
    5. A window opens to - "select" the active form.
    6. Select the Contact Us form in the drop down.
    7. Click the blue "insert" button -
    8. It's right here that nothing happens - the form code is not inserted.

If I take the form code and write it in - everything the form shows up as expected.

8. David Peralty

I understand what is happening from your first post, but it doesn't really help us resolve the issue for you. If the theme developer says it is due to a bug, knowing what the bug is would help us resolve your issue. If your site works when using the default WordPress theme, then there is a conflict between Gravity Forms and your theme.

I can take a look at your site, but usually when there are issues within the WordPress administration panel, it has to do with a theme pushing their own JavaScript through in places it shouldn't be. I'm not blaming them, but if they have an idea on where the conflict lies, it would be helpful.

9. I can assure you that there is no "bug" in Gravity Forms that is causing this issue to occur. The issue is happening due to code in the Dottoro theme interfering with the javascript functionality in Gravity Forms and preventing it from executing.

The No Conflict Mode setting is not going to be able to do anything in this situation due to the fact it only applies to the Gravity Forms admin pages. It does not apply to the page editor, post editor, etc. which is where you are encountering the issue.

This issue does not occur in ANY other WordPress theme and that pretty much says it all. The fact that they are writing it off as a "bug" in Gravity Forms tells me everything I need to know about whoever is behind the Dottoro theme. They don't know what they are doing and they obviously don't care to stand by their product and help you as a customer.

We won't be able to debug this issue without actually seeing it happen. It's not something that can be debugged just by asking you questions. We'd have to see the issue happening in our browser and be able to debug the code to determine what is going on.

If you email me a copy of the Dottoro theme zip file to carl@rocketgenius.com I will install it locally and pinpoint the problem in the Dottoro theme.

I'll then write the Dottoro team a nice email telling them how they can fix the bug in THEIR theme and kindly ask them to refrain from blaming Gravity Forms for bugs in their poorly coded theme.