PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Gravity form fail to activate

1. Please help! I just purchased the gravity forms plugin and it fails to activate. This is what I'm recieving when I try to activate.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 45

What do I need to do?

I don't know if this helps but I am using Agentpress theam and I have deactivated all of the plugins.

Thanks,

Dave

Posted 14 years ago on Friday March 5, 2010 | Permalink
  2. This issue is covered on FAQ page for Installation related questions.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/frequently-asked-questions/faq-installation/

You are receiving this error because you are trying to install the plugin on a site running PHP 4 and Gravity Forms requires PHP 5.

All good web hosts allow you to switch to PHP 5 by changing a setting in your control panel, however you will have to check with your web host to find out how you go about doing this for your site.

3. Thanks. Sounds easy enough.