PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

gravity forms and wp-prettyPhoto (lightbox) integration problems

1. lukebream

Hi
    I want to display a gravity form in the prettyPhoto lightbox and it is proving hard to integrate !!

I have set up a test page with various settings and need some help. Ideally I want to use the hidden div method of initiating prettyPhoto along with Ajax set as true for gravity forms. but I canot get this to work.

I have set up 3 different versions at the following URL and they fail in following ways

http://100milebike.com/testing/

Test 1
    (as per a tutorial on this form I have created a plainpage.php and launched the lightbox using an iframe) in this example you cannot submit the form either with correct data or incorrect fom data

Test 2 (MY Preferred solution)
    This is using an inline "display none" div tag and with ajax set to true
    In this case it wont sublit the form either with correct or incorrect form data

Test 3
    This is using an inline "display none" div tag and with ajax set to false
    With incorrect form data when ssubmitted it reloads the page and does not restart the lightbox so error messages are not displayed.
    With correct form data whenn submitted it reloads the page initially then "slowely" !! redirects the browser to the correct "target" redirected URL for succesful form submit. It obviously works but is really clunky and slow

I really hope you can help with sorting this out

Luke

Posted 13 years ago on Friday April 8, 2011 | Permalink
  2. lukebream

BUMP - 12 hours and still no support ???

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday April 9, 2011 | Permalink
  3. We'll be happy take a look at this as soon as we can but this isn't directly a form functionality issue, it's an integration/customization issue and not something we're directly supporting since it's not a built-in function of the plugin. We'll still be happy to help, but it's going to take a bit to investigate.

As a note, 12 hours isn't an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a response.. many support forums don't guarantee any kind of a response for 24-48 hours. We strive to help everyone as quickly as we can and appreciate your patience.

4. lukebream

Hi Kevin

Thanks for taking a look at the problem. Sorry for my comment about support time. I just saw all other support questions posted aftermine had been answered by Carl Hancock and mine had been missed. I had visions of you all being away over the weekend and since im in London and 8 hours ahead having to wait about 3-4 days to get an answer as I place d the request on Thursday evening US time.

Anyway thanks for taking a look and I hope you can help me with this integration. BTW this topic could merit an updated tutorial from the old one that I copied the plainpage.php from. it must be an increasingly common request from users ??

Thanks again for your help

Luke

5. @lukebream

No worries my friend. I understand you want to get things taken care of. We're still a small team here and try to get to everyone as we can. Of course, some questions are easier to answer than others so we try to jump on the simple things as quickly as we can and move them out of the way.

So, I'll probably have to set up a test page/form on my end to see what we can do. Did you use a prettyPhoto plugin for your install or add it manually. If a plugin, can you share a link so I can use the same one?

Quick note.. The original FancyBox tutorial was more of me sharing my test results and intended as a base to get people rolling. It's not something that I ever intended to maintain or keep current as documentation.

Moving forward we plan to create some kind of add-on for Gravity Forms to integrate with one (or more possibly) of the popular modal scripts. As you can tell, there are some challenges but it's something we want to tackle in the near future. It is a popular request so it's on the short list of goodies to add.

So, all of that said, if you can let me know about the plugin/script implementation it would be helpful. I'll try to get a test form setup and see what I can do by the first of the week.

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday April 10, 2011 | Permalink
  6. lukebream

Hi Kevin

Thanks for coming back to me. its much appreciated.

I tried both methods of installation of the prettyPhoto (wp plugin and the javascript). As I was getting an error message with the latest version of the wp-prettyPhoto plugin but that may have been sorted out.

(if you find the same - the solution is to remove the version numbers when the plugin adds the 3 links to the header (CSS and javascript files) - you can reaad more about it here

http://forums.no-margin-for-errors.com/discussion/1448/bug-report-formatting-of-include-links-in-wordpress-plugin/#Item_1

You can download the wp-prettyPhoto here

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-prettyphoto/

I also did the manual installation of the prettyPhoto scripts whilst I was testing and its a very simple installation. You can get the files and read the documentation here

http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/prettyphoto-jquery-lightbox-clone/

On a general note I have used this particular lightbox over the last few years on many sites and have found it to be really fantastic. Its well supported and documented and I cant recommend it highly enough.

Thanks again for your help

Luke

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday April 10, 2011 | Permalink
  7. lukebream

Hi Kevin

Is there any news on a solution to this ?

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday April 13, 2011 | Permalink
  8. Gonna spend some time with it today. I haven't had an opportunity to set up the test site on my end yet. I'll post results as soon as I do. Thanks for your patience.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday April 13, 2011 | Permalink
  9. I'm looking at the same issue right now - curious if anyone found a solution for getting a gravity form to open in prettyphoto.

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 21, 2011 | Permalink
  10. I'm not familiar with prettyphoto, there are a ton of lightbox and modal window scripts out there. But there is a tutorial for another one that you can find here:

http://websitesetuppro.com/how-to-open-gravity-forms-form-in-a-lightbox/

11. Thanks Carl - I think i'll just forgo prettyphoto and use another option like the one suggested.