PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Gravity Forms Invalid Arguments after Site Migration

1. I have recently migrated our site from host to another and transferred all files and reactivated all plugins. After the migration I get two invalid arguments coming from the form_ display.php . I also noticed some of the CSS is not being used properly. Maybe the issues are connected. You can see these errors on the home page https://cleanaspace.com. How should I best go about correcting these errors.

I appreciate any help.
    Thank you ,
    Jon

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 21, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

I am getting an error when trying to get to your site - This webpage has a redirect loop
    The webpage at http://cleanaspace.com/ has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

3. Hi David, yeah sorry about that. the site was just migrated and was trying to get it setup on Cloudflare but it was causing issues with server. It should be fixed now so that you can get to it.

Thanks for checking on it.
    Jon

4. David Peralty

Can you re-install Gravity Forms from scratch using FTP? Just delete the files and re-upload. Are you using the latest WordPress and Gravity Forms versions? Did you experience any issues before the move?

5. I can do that and actually already did do that last night.

Yes, using WP 3.5.1 and GF version 1.7.2 so not the most recent GF but it was working fine on my previous host. I spoke with someone at the new host, they looked into it and claimed it was something I should speak to Gravity about. Not sure why migrating hosts and copying in the files would cause an issue.

6. Yeah, just pulled all the Gravity folders down from the other host, deleted all the ones on the current host and reuploaded. Still same thing.

Also, i have a few gravity form add-on plugins. I deactivated them all and the invalid arguments went away. I turned them on one by one and it seems that my plugin "Gravity Forms Tooltips" is the one causing the arguments. Weird that it wasn't giving issues with my other host.

I did notice though that some of the forms on the site aren't being found now, like this one. https://cleanaspace.com/clean-with-us/apply/. Getiting into GF it appears that some of my forms are missing. They are listed with all my forms but when i go into them it is like there is nothing there.

CSS text is still not right but that may be another issue.

Do you guys have or recommend something working with GF that always for easy tooltips on the forms?

Thanks for the help

7. David Peralty

I can't comment on the tooltips issue, as you would have to talk to the creator of that add-on regarding that, but if you missing forms, that's because you didn't export them and import them as we recommend. You will want to use our Meta Recovery add-on which can be found in our Downloads page. It will allow you to fix serialized data that is incorrect after the server move.

8. Found it. Thanks. Does this php file go in root or GF folder?

So regarding tooltips there is nothing for that you guys recommend. another add-on, something through GF, etc.?

Thanks for the help and quick responses

9. David Peralty

The meta recovery add-on goes in your wp-content/plugins. It is a plugin that allows you to select forms and try to recover/fix them. As for tooltips, others on the forum have pointed out things before but GF Tooltips is the most commonly recommended one. Can you also update to the latest version fo Gravity Forms? Bugs/Issues might have been fixed that'll help you.

10. Gotcha, got it. If it says a forms meta can't be recovered, I am assuming that means i need to rebuild it from scratch? :-/

11. David Peralty

If you don't still have access to your previous site, then you'll likely have to re-build. We always recommend people migrating Gravity Forms forms export them before doing so because our form XML is easy to import back in if you have issues moving the database.

12. Maybe I still can do that. Other host is still open. Do you have any writeups to walk someone through the proper way. It would probably be faster thence trying to rebuild the forms that aren't working correctly. Is that as simple as exporting it on the old host and then importing on the new? Would I need to bring the database back in as well or would the import just overwrite?

13. David Peralty

Just try exporting the forms and importing them using our built-in tools and take a look at how it works. All my best!

14. David, the exporting and importing feature definitely worked. Thanks. Is there a way for me to make the form ids the same as they were before? Importing in obviously continues to the next id. Otherwise, we gotta go though every page manually to change shortcodes to the new ids.

Thanks,
    Jon

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday June 22, 2013 | Permalink