PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Gravity Forms & Membership Plugins

1. Hi Guys,

I'm building a site for a small soccer league which requires a form to insert things like captains name, coach, etc.. So Its Gravity Forms Developer License all the way. Easy.

I also want the teams to be able to pay their team subscription online via paypal. So thats just a redirect to a payment page after they complete the form. Easy.

Now what I want is once they've registered - for team captains to be able to login & access pages where they can add names of guys who score goals, view the league table, and accesss other info like other teams captains contact details. Which is obviously sensitive.
    So I need a membership plugin.

So would you have any recommendations of plugins like this that play nicely with Gravity Forms or is there a way that I can achieve what I'm aiming for here with Gravity forms on its own?

Thanks Guys.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday August 18, 2010 | Permalink
  2. The Members plugin by Justin Tadlock can do simple membership type stuff, although it doesn't support payments for subscription memberships. I haven't been impressed with any of the subscription management membership plugins currently on the market to recommend one of them unfortunately.

3. Thanks Carl, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I'll try the Members plugin by Justin Tadlock and fingers crossed that will be able to do the trick.

4. Hey guys, when I activate the Members Plugin from Justin Tadlock, my Gravity Forms Editor (Admin) in the left column disappears. Help?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday December 13, 2011 | Permalink
  5. You need to edit your role to give yourself all the Gravity Forms capabilities. Please continue by configuring the Members plugin, under the Users menu, select Roles. If you are administrator, edit the administrator role and be sure all the Gravity Forms capabilities are checked. Then you'll have your Forms menu back.

6. Thanks Chris. Makes perfect sense.

7. Let us know if you work it out. Thanks.

8. So I'm constantly having a problem with these 2 plugins together. As you can see, when I try to give myself permission to Gravity Forms Capabilities, they don't "stick" http://screencast.com/t/OyCstD7OPjsw

Anyone else ran into this bug? Any work-arounds/suggestions?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 25, 2012 | Permalink
  9. @infomedia, there is something strange going on in your installation. The normal result after clicking the Update Role button is to see a status message up top. Not refresh back to the list of roles.

Role updated.

← Back to Roles

That's the update I get after saving. I suspect you have a plugin conflict of some sort preventing the Members plugin from working. You can check for a plugin conflict by following these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing

Alternatively, you might contact the author of the Members plugin or visit their support forums. Maybe something was not installed correctly or this is a known problem with a known solution.

Thank you.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 30, 2012 | Permalink
  10. We're using amember for our paying subcribers but I really want to use GF and directory for the members we don't charge a fee to. It's perfect! BUT....amember seems to force all roles/people/registrants (it seems) to log in at their login page, even through the GF form.

http://www.wwoofchina.org/wwooftmp/become-a-host/REGISTER/

So everything goes swimmingly and I register using the form I whipped up with GF, and it works great but the link in my confirmation email sends me to the amember login page where it's never heard of me and I can't log in? Ideas?

Any insights appreciated, deadline date approaching fast.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 29, 2012 | Permalink
  11. Wp-Members by Chad Butler is also a nice membership plugin.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 26, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.