PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Gravity Forms Wordpress Registration

1. thedigitalfox

I would really like to use gravity forms for Wordpress Registration form. I want to be able to add the registration form inline on my post and pages. I really like the way gravity forms layout the forms.

Is there a way to use gravity froms to have visitors register for wordpress?

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday October 5, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Currently there isn't a way to create a user registration form. However, we are planning a user registration add-on. It's about to begin development & will bring user registration capabilities to the plugin.

3. thedigitalfox

Thank you, do you have a timeline for the release of the add-on? A guestimate? I am really in dier need of one.

4. It will be released alongside Gravity Forms 1.5 later this year. It's possible to implement it now as a customization, however you need to have a strong knowledge of WordPress development to implement it.

5. gwc_wd

Very pleased to hear about this development. Will you include compatibility with Buddypress's register implementation or will that be "automatic" because of how bp-wp already integrate registration, or is just too much to get done for now? <smile>.

I am using BP Extended Profile fields, but of course the internal BP (and WP) form tools don't come close to the power of GF. Just the introduction of conditionals to the registration form would be fantastic.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday October 25, 2010 | Permalink
  6. I'm not sure how BP's registration functionality differs from standard WordPress but it is something we will look into. It may not be in v1 of the add-on but it is something we will look at supporting.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday October 25, 2010 | Permalink
  7. Is this still planned for 1.5? Is it currently in the beta?

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday November 23, 2010 | Permalink
  8. Not sure if this will help but you can review wp-login.php located in your WordPress installation root directory.

Additionally, finding information about WP registration is a pain in the ... well, you know. A page I found that might spark some ideas for you is:

http://www.jasarwebsolutions.com/2010/06/27/how-to-change-a-users-role-on-the-wordpress-registration-form/

It does still default to the user registration, but were I to take this further in the direction you are going I would have GF send the form variables to a seperate page, and that seperate page calls -part- of the register function (specifically where the "action" is defined) and skip over the default form all together.

Were I more familiar with GF I would go so far as saying it could be easily included via submit directly from GF to bypass the unneccessary default wp-registration form, and simply call it's email(password verification) and wp_insert_user( $userdata ) where $userdata is the GF form variables sent.

Just my thoughts - yet I can't figure out GF image stuff..go figure.

9. User Registration isn't a feature that will be in Gravity Forms v1.5. It's a feature that will be part of a separate Add-On that will work with Gravity Forms v1.5. It's in development and will be released as a beta in the very near future. We will make an announcement on the support blog when it is available.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.