PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Help! Form is broken in IE 7

1. msweber

Hello,

in IE8, chrome, firefox your forms are working well. But in IE 7 forms are broken.

http://www.lasikistanbul.net (right sidebar)
    http://www.lasikistanbul.net/lasik-eignungstest (list-style-images show up, but not in firefox)

http://www.haartransplantation-tuerkei.com/

Can you help me out. I still have traffic from people using IE7 and forms have to work and lokk good. thanks for your support

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 6, 2012 | Permalink
  2. msweber

Where is the support?

Thanks

3. @msweber - you posted just 5 hours ago. You need to be a bit more patient. That was even before our posted support hours. We'll be happy to help out, but you have to give us an opportunity. There are lots of other support requests that came in before yours and we're rolling through them as quickly as possible.

We're going to be officially dropping support for IE7 - moving to a policy of only supporting the current version of the browser and one version back. I'll still be happy to take a look. The forms normally work fine in IE7 so it's most likely a conflict with something in your theme.

Do the forms work properly in the form preview window?

4. Our forms.css has IE7 in mind, however you are not using our forms.css file in your themes so you are going to have to account for IE7 in your stylesheet.

At the top of each form container div, we output the browser, for example:

<div class='gf_browser_ie gf_browser_ie7 gform_wrapper' id='gform_wrapper_1' >

So you can write IE7 rules to adjust and update your styling to work in there without relying on crazy CSS hacks. You can also reference our forms.css file in the plugin folder to see if anything in there aids you.

5. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Part of your problem is being caused by the following rule in your style.css

body #gform_wrapper_5 .gform_body .gform_fields .gfield .ginput_container {
        max-height: 12px;
        }

Try commenting out that rule and see what happens by adding /* before and */ after the rule like so

/*
    body #gform_wrapper_5 .gform_body .gform_fields .gfield .ginput_container {
        max-height: 12px;
        }
    */
  6. msweber

Thanks very much for your answer. Sorry for my impatience :-)

I will try your suggestions.

7. msweber

@richardvav

thank you very much. I follow your suggestion and it did the trick. It does not look one to one like in firefox, but the form is not broken and it looks good. For the 2% of people still using IE7 its enough :-)

8. @msweber - glad you got it resolved.. thanks for your patience. We appreciate it. @richardvav - thanks so much for sharing the fix. The community and the admins here really appreciate your efforts.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.