PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Help! Next button not working in ie8.

1. keithmanila

Need help. the next button in the second page of my 3-page form is not working in internet explorer 8. I have this schedule in a page http://www.jcstennis.com/schedules/ and when you click "book now" it sends a query string to the booking page http://www.jcstennis.com/schedules/adult-weekend-package/. There, the first page works fine, but when you press the next button in the second page, ie8 opens another window which is empty and the previous window freezes in the second page like it is locked in a continuous loop or something. Also the form is a bit weird when you press the next button without clicking a required field.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 3, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hi Keith,

Are you still experiencing this issue? I was unable to recreate this issue in IE9, IE8 or IE7.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 3, 2011 | Permalink
  3. keithmanila

Im still having this issue. My client tried this in different computers running ie8 and they all froze in the 2nd page (going to 3rd). The submit button (when pressed) just endlessly loops like it is waiting for something, it opens another window which has nothing in it. Any solutions?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 4, 2011 | Permalink
  4. keithmanila

Here are the screenshots:

5. I was able to recreate the issue in IE8. I'm not sure why the new window opens up. It makes me suspect that some other script is hijacking the next button.. I'm not sure. I tried another multi-page form on my test site and it worked properly in IE8.

Have you already tried testing for a theme/plugin conflict. If not, I would recommend doing that first.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

Also, have you tried disabling the Ajax submission to see if the standard method works?

Lastly, I've noticed quite a few errors in your markup that could be potential sources of the problem. IE8 is less forgiving of some of these markup problems than other browsers. Just one example..

<!-----------------------------------------------------FLAGS AREA----------------------------->

is not a properly formatted HTML comment. You can't add an endless amount of hyphens like you would in a CSS comment.

<!-- FLAGS AREA -->

is the appropriate format. I would suggest running your page through the HTML validator to help you find any orphaned tags and markup inconsistencies as well.

6. keithmanila

Thanks Kevin. Actually, none of them worked. i was thinking when you said that you recreated the form and it performed well. So what I did is I reinstalled the plugin and deleted the tables from the database. It worked! The only thing is the extra parameter before the submit button. There are no inputs like name, phone or email below "I hereby agree to JC's Terms and Conditions" checkbox in my form builder. But in the website, it shows an extra input. When you filled it up (the extra input), the form shows a blank summary after hitting the submit button and the submission doesn't shows up in the entries. It's like it was never sent at all.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday August 6, 2011 | Permalink
  7. keithmanila

Also, the CSS changed by itself. I'm only using the default CSS of the form then suddenly everything changes. I have screenshots of the anomalies below.

Form Issue: ghost fields keeps on appearing in the site (before the submit button) but in the form editor, the field doesn't exist
    Form Issue Screenshot

CSS Anomaly: the css changed. It was just default CSS last week. This includes the date picker which looks very weird.
    CSS Anomaly Screenshot

I have 61 booking forms and all of them have this anomaly at the end. Check one of the forms below :
    Form Sample

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday August 7, 2011 | Permalink
  8. The "anomaly" field you're seeing is the spam "honeypot" field that you've activated for your form. Normally it's hidden with CSS and only spam-bots see it and fill it out. If you're seeing it, it means that something in your theme CSS is forcing it to display.

The CSS won't just change. It's not a dynamic file, just a static file that gets called into your theme. If something is changing, then something is wrong in your theme.

I can see that right now your forms are not loading the default forms.css file from the plugin. Go to your main forms settings page and make sure you have the "output CSS" option set to yes. Once the default CSS is loaded properly, you should see a huge difference in your forms.

No CSS (current state) : http://bit.ly/qOv48b

With Default CSS: http://bit.ly/pofW7k

9. keithmanila

case closed! Thank you so much Kevin! nice support. everything is fine now including the issues with IE8. finally i can sleep! Thanks Kevin! Thank you so much Gravity Forms!

10. Wonderful. That's what I like to hear. I'm glad we could help out.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.