PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

help with css on a form

1. Hello:

I am hoping I can get some help with formatting a form. I found some of the things I need on here but not everything.

The site is lovesexconversation.com; the theme used is thesis v1.8

I have a simple form where people will submit their email address but styling it the way I want is proving not to be simple at all...here is what I need help with:

1. the input box; I would like to be able to control the height and width of it in css, but everything i have tried does not work and so I am hoping someone here can help...
    2a. "submit button"; i set the form to use a pic I uploaded; but it is putting some white "space" around the pic that I have not been able to get rid of; any suggestions?
    2b. submit button: also with the uploaded pic it is for some reason being enlarged to about 4x its actual size. Any way to correct this?
    3. Finally; I am trying to position the form so it shows up on a specific place on the page (so it appears right below the white text that is part of the background); I found a solution on here that mostly positions it the way I want; but horizontally it is still not working the way I want; I would like it to stay aligned with the white text in the background when you shrink the browser window; but if you shrink the browser window narrow enough it does not stay aligned (although it does vertically); so i am trying to figure out how to address this as well..

Thanks,

Gerard

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 19, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Regarding number 3 I made some progress; I realized that the solution was to make the pic the "page" background and not the site background; and then when browser windows is resized; the form will stay in relative position with the background and so the page will look ok. the only problem is the "page container" is really short now and is not "tall enough" to show the entire background (or for the form). This is because I have removed most elements from the page. So - all I need now is to somehow change it so the page is taller and shows the entire background pic.

Thanks,

gerard

3. Yes, there are a few issues with Thesis due to how they chose to implement their CSS. They set blanket rules for width, padding, size, etc for all input elements and since buttons and button images are technically still inputs, they inherit these same properties and everything goes sideways. We actually used to include a bunch of Thesis fixes in the default forms stylesheet.

Those were removed, but you can still get them and add them to your custom CSS.

http://pastie.org/1705840

Try adding those and see what kind of progress you make. It should resolve the button issue at least. Let us know if you still need some help tweaking from there.

4. Thanks - that definitely helped with the button and fixed the two problems with that. As far as extending the container size down I will ask thesis about that since I guess that is more their issue. The only thing was controlling the size of the input box, but with the thesis fixes you showed me that is working better and may not be needed; I will let you know!

Thanks,

Gerard

5. Okay. Sounds good. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.