PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Help with exporting

1. I am trying to export the entries for a form.

What I get is a .csv.txt file, which when I open in Numbers (I use a Mac) - the file does not come up as a spreadsheet.

I thought the file was meant to export as a .csv file?

How do I make this work?

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday February 16, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I figured it out. It looks like Chrome and Firefox can export the forms.
    I was using Safari to export - for some reason Safari cannot open the file properly. Is that just me? It is my preferred browser but I am glad that I can get it working now :)

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 17, 2012 | Permalink
  3. We aren't aware of any issues with using the Export Entries functionality using Safari. I just tested it myself using Safari on my MacBook Air, which is my primary machine, and the export executed properly. It did save the file as .csv.txt but that isn't a big deal.

You should still be able to import the CSV contents into Numbers. Try importing rather than opening the file itself. Or rename the file to simply YOURFILENAME.csv and then try opening it. The contents of the export is a standard CSV format.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 17, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Great, changing it to .csv worked. Thank you for your help.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 22, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Just a follow up question since we are talking about exporting. I'm new with Gravity forms and I haven't found any answers to this, but can you export the back end data that is imputed from the front end into like a txt, or xml or .csv file? pjtn is this what you were trying to do?

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 22, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Hi hallco,

I find it quite easy to export entries. I am using Wordpress, so in the admin under Forms, click on Import/Export, then select the form and then export your entries. They will export in a .csv file which you will be able to open in Excel or Numbers.

Hope that helps!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday February 23, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Hi folks,
    speaking of exporting: I created a very complex survey form using GF for a client. There are no entries.

CAN I EXPORT ONLY THE FORM LAYOUT AND FIELDS? and then import that form on another site that has GF, empty of entries, just the layout...so I can edit it and create a new form out of it?

thank you!!

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday February 25, 2012 | Permalink
  8. Hello, I'm getting an empty file when I try to export any of my form entries. I'm using Firefox 10.0.2 and newest Gravity Forms release inside WP 3.3.1.

I select export entries, slect my form, select all fields, no date range to include all entries, click download export file and I get an empty .csv file.

Any help would be appreciated. -BruceF

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 7, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Same is happening to me, I've been able to download before (I'm using Safari) but this time the file is downloading but has 0 bytes (I've tried changing the file extension from csv.txt to just csv but that has done nothing, as mentioned nothing is downloading, when I check the entries, I can see everything, just can't get access to it :(

Posted 11 years ago on Monday May 14, 2012 | Permalink
  10. btw I've also tried just downloading one set of entries, but it's still completely blank.

11. URL is http://whakaue.org/register -- cheers!

12. When you say you've been able to download before... what has changed since then on your site?

13. Exactly, hmmm, I've deactivated all recent plugins, but still no go, I tried exporting it via Firefox and got this error: Firefox can't find the file at http://www.whakaue.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=gf_export.

Does that help?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday May 17, 2012 | Permalink
  14. This could be something to do at the host level - security settings of some sort perhaps. Could you check with them to see if they see any oddities in the server logs. In the meantime, can you also send me a WP admin login to rob@rocketgenius.com and reference this post.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday May 18, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.