PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Hidden Fields cause gap in IE 7

1. net_mage

Hey Guys,

Anyone know why all of my hidden fields are generating a vertical space (gap) when the form is displayed? In FF2 and FF3 they are hidden correctly and not rendered to take up space. But in IE the form that is generated has a huge blank vertical gap where 4 hidden text fields are sitting. How can I correct this? Thanks.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday May 19, 2010 | Permalink
  2. It's most likely a blanket margin/padding value applied to all inputs in your theme stylesheet. I've seen this before.

You can try adding this to your theme style sheet.

input[type="hidden"] {margin:0!important; padding:0!important}

If that doesn't work, you can post a link to your form and I'll be happy to take a quick look at it.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday May 19, 2010 | Permalink
  3. net_mage

Unfortunately that did not solve the mystery. I have looked at the css and I can't seem to find the issue.

http://hudsonsailing.org/fundraiser-form-1/

That is an example of one of seven forms with this issue. Thanks.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday May 20, 2010 | Permalink
  4. Found the issue. It's rendering the 20px margin rule for the containing list item (style.css line 2366). You can go ahead an remove the previous CSS rule and swap it with the one below.

This will fix the issue. I just specified the unique id's for each < li>

#field_12_3, #field_12_4, #field_12_6, #field_12_7 {display:none;}

I'm not exactly sure why IE7 is the only one that really had a problem with it though. We'll add a fix for this in the next release so it shouldn't be an issue moving forward.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday May 20, 2010 | Permalink