PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Hidden US Type Address Fields Submit Empty In Entries

1. Hi there,

I have a big hairy form with lots of conditional hidden fields and the issue I'm having is that we have several hidden address fields with their address type set to "United States" and when these fields are not filled in (and remain hidden) they submit with just the country set to United States.

Shouldn't there be some logic in core to check if the rest of the fields are empty to clear out the country?

We'll be hooking this up to an automated API shortly and I really need these fields to be empty. Is there are known workaround for this or is it a bug?

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday June 25, 2013 | Permalink
  2. I'm not able to replicate this on my dev site. I set an address field on a form and hid it via conditional logic and upon submission nothing related to that field got stored in the entry or the notification.

Does that sound similar to your setup?

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 28, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Thanks for the reply Rob, appreciate it.

Was the address field you setup using "United States" as the address type? Other than that I can't see what the difference could be. I'm seeing it in the entries and email notifications (which is just setup with all-fields..

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday June 29, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Yes:

Screenshot of Address Field

Screenshot of Conditional Logic

Screenshot of Entry

Can you setup a new form with just this simple test and see if that works for you.

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday June 29, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.