PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

How can the admin edit the user's meta data?

1. Software I'm using:
    - Gravity Forms: 1.6.11
    - Gravity Forms User Registration Add-On: 1.5.beta1
    - Wordpress (single site): 3.5

I've configured a page with the form that should allow the user to update its data. User can access it and it's populated with his/her data. At the moment, this plugin doesn't show the new users' meta in its profile so neither the user nor the admin can update users' data from the dashboard. So the question is: how can we allow the administrator to access to the same page with the update form that users are using for their own and edit users different than himself?

Thank you in advance! ;)

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Permalink
  2. To show the additional captured information in the user's profile, you need to extend the profile. Once you do that, the user or administrator can edit the profile. I don't know of a way for the admin to edit another user's profile using the Update form.

Here is one explanation of how to extend the visible profile fields:
    http://justintadlock.com/archives/2009/09/10/adding-and-using-custom-user-profile-fields

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 17, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Ok. Extend the profile is quite easy. At the moment I've only showed the data, but if there is no way to link the gravity update form I'll add the data in form mode to the profiles. Hope in future versions of your plugin we could do this without programming ;).

Thank you!

4. Thank you for your request. I'll be sure the development team sees your comments.

5. We also would like this feature to be integrated.

We think about passing a param int the URL like example.com/user-profil/?user_id=10

If the current user can manage_users, it would populate the user_id meta_data.
    It would also need to update the selected user_id profile as well.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday March 29, 2013 | Permalink
  6. It's a good idea. Thank you for the suggestion.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday March 30, 2013 | Permalink